Kano - Typical Me

Logan Sama

BestThereIsAtWhatIDo
The link between internet forums and sarcasm must have been programmed into my mind over the years. lol

Apologies

Ach!

Turd on the Run
Farkin bolliks!

'I'm a master at work, I ain't talkin nine to five I'm a master that merks'

Blackdown

nexKeysound
i've heard a 5 track sampler for the LP. if that is anything to go by it's a strong LP. the sampler contains a junglish one 'reload it', 'Ps&Qs,' 'typical me,' another track (which i forget right now) and a future single 'brown eyes.' the latter is a glorious r&b tune and catchy as f**k. judging on those five tracks if people are expecting the weird n grimey sonic shock of 'Boy in the Corner' or NASTY Crew live on Deja, they might be disappointed - it seems more polished. but Kano's an amazing engaging artist and a talented lyricist. an LP like this is big news for grime... the underground is very healthy but if the *artists'* dreams are to be fulfilled, it needs overground success too.

blissblogger

kaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaano

the guitar on 'typical me' isn't nearly as good as the gtr riff on that ashanti tune

but 'reload it' is great, what a fab blissy riff

stelfox

Beast of Burden
Fiddy said:
I don't think it's the labels necessarily pushing the artists into more experimental territory - look at Big ED's Da Rush. Personally I'm feeling Typical Me. I wouldn't a whole album of that sound though... this is a problem I've had with all albums coming from the grime scene, they often lack the artists best moments (imagine what Treddin On Thin Ice could have been like). I don't like the hip hop route that Bashy has taken and so many others are doing but when it's original material, i.e. Target who makes some of the best hip hop influenced 'grime' it's a different story. The lovely thing with the scene though is there's something for everyone.

thank god for that. i like it and i think it's chunky/big enough sound-wise to get into people's heads and do ok. i'm not keen on kano's rhymes coz i've heard him do so much better (boys love girls the obvious pick), but the production is perfectly okay. it's a bit crunk juicy, i suppose but it still works and sounds pretty individual.
i really don't get why people think 679 is an evil conglomerate attempting some machiavellian co-option of this music. it's the only decently funded label that's put its money where its mouth is and run with it, anyway.
everyone's always talking about grime's failure to cross over into commercial territory but then seeing montgomery burns rubbing his hands and cackling behind every attempt it makes to do exactly that, which is a bit odd.

Ach!

Turd on the Run
blissblogger said:
the guitar on 'typical me' isn't nearly as good as the gtr riff on that ashanti tune

but 'reload it' is great, what a fab blissy riff

The guitar on 'Only U', with the volume notched up to 11, really makes the tears well up.