Jamal Moss - Music Box MCR 15/02

U-Basstard

tragic mix
prelimposterver1border.jpg

Detroit Public Radio: Chicago Broadcast
With: Chicago's Jamal Moss (Members Only, Hieroglyphic Being, Axis, Klang, Creme Organization).
And residents Spandex valley.
Music Box, Oxford Road, Manchester
10PM-4AM
Friday 15th February.
£7

....one of the last DJ's to be inspired by the late Ron Hardy and Chicago's seminal Music Box nightclub.
Jamal has gone under many different guises through the years, African's With Mainframes, Hieroglyphic Being, The Sun God, I.B.M... and has recorded for many labels, from the original Mathematics Records, to Axis, SameSoulDifferentBody Imprint amongst others. More recently, his Members Only edits, directly inspired by Ron Hardy's mashups, have been inspiring jacking madness with the deeper house heads.

Jamal's DJ sets, and mainly the Sample:reForm mix series became famous for being live, rough and analog. He used belt drive decks, MPC samplers alongside drum machines and effects mixing techno, disco and classic warehouse anthems, often re-editing tracks live. Mentored by the likes of Steve Poindexter and Armando, this is a rare chance to see a real legend, and a rare breed of DJ that is dying out fast.

U-Basstard

tragic mix
too right, they're totally screwed. A mate just told me last night that he records them onto VHS!!! It doesn't get no more raw than that;) gis a shout if you're coming down from out-of-town and i'll try and get you on a cheapo list.

nochexxx

harco pronting
too right, they're totally screwed. A mate just told me last night that he records them onto VHS!!! It doesn't get no more raw than that;) gis a shout if you're coming down from out-of-town and i'll try and get you on a cheapo list.

really? what those original disco dubs or are we talking new shit in order to get that fucked tape sound?