Online Hip Hop vinyl shops

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
Anyone know of any good ones for old and new stuff? Used too.
Any sound really - although a shop with a lot of southern, west coast and bay area stuff'd be nice - though I'm not opposed to any sites that have good crate digging old east coast stuff too.

All the hip hop I ever buy is from physical record shops or in second hand stores, it'd be wicked if I could just place big orders off the internet like I do with grime/dubstep a la boomkat, chemical records, uptown, dubplate.net, rhythm divison etc. etc.

Cheers for all suggestions!

hint

party record with a siren
Juno get most stuff in (eventually), including reissues of older stuff.

There's no hand-holding though - you have to either know what you want or be prepared to work your way through all the new releases each week, because it's all filed under "hip hop" (by which I mean you won't find a Hyphy section, but they do stock Hyphy records).

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
Juno get most stuff in (eventually), including reissues of older stuff.

There's no hand-holding though - you have to either know what you want or be prepared to work your way through all the new releases each week, because it's all filed under "hip hop" (by which I mean you won't find a Hyphy section, but they do stock Hyphy records).

OK nice, I'll check them out - tbh Juno would've been the last place I would've thought of.

Surely there are some good American ones though? (I'm located in north america again right now, so paying for overseas shipping on hip hop seems a bit backwards to me)

hint

party record with a siren
OK nice, I'll check them out - tbh Juno would've been the last place I would've thought of.

Really? Some people on Dissensus seem to have an odd perception of Juno... once read someone on here describing it as a "hipster" store too! It's the Tesco of online dance music sales - like I said, they have everything.

Surely there are some good American ones though? (I'm located in north america again right now, so paying for overseas shipping on hip hop seems a bit backwards to me)

Ah right - America must have loads! Probably half the price of UK shops too.

http://www.turntablelab.com/vinyl would probably be a good place to start, although that's a "hand-holding" kind of shopping experience...

http://www.sandboxautomatic.com was the store of choice during the 90s underground / backpacker glory days, but I guess it's a sign of the times that they just stock CDs nowadays.

Last edited:

DannyL

Wild Horses
A mate of mine recently recommended www.undergroundhiphop.com as an excellent resource. Newsletters, up to date audio clips etc etc. It sounds great but I haven't used it myself yet. This may be the ughh.com another poster has linked to upthread.