Bartlett Architecture Summer Exhibition

if any of you are interested, the bartlett school of architecture is having its summer exhibition at the moment

this post comes too late for the opening night, but you can still go to see thousands of works from students right the way through the school, from first year through to phD

for any of you that like drawings or models you really should check it out

http://www.bartlett.ucl.ac.uk/architecture/events/summer/summer.htm

the show is actually held in the slade school of art, you get there via the main entrance on Gower Street near Euston, opening times are in the link

UFO over easy

online mahjong
it's good, I was there to support one of my friends on friday. the actual event surrounding the exhibition was quite funny, some great electro dj poses. are you at the barlett rocky?

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
yeah i am! just finished 3rd year thank god, you're friends with jane right?

Woo! Big up da UCL Dissensus posse! :)

I walked through the quad while they were setting up for the opening night - it all looked quite smart, though the truly horrific house music blasting out of the PA was a bit offputting.

Last edited:

noel emits

a wonderful wooden reason
Would you have preferred Shed Seven, or maybe a little Prefab Sprout?

Actually,

Last edited:

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Would you have preferred Shed Seven, or maybe a little Prefab Sprout?

Sadly I think the most appropriate music might have been Coldplay, who met while studying here. Other famous musical alumni include that bird from that band, who went out with wossisface from Suede, and maybe also wossisface from Suede.

Edit: experimental industrial rock songs about black holes are exactly what the world needs more of.

Last edited:

Grievous Angel

Beast of Burden
I've been to loads of these. Always a good bash. I think the Bartlett is the best school in the country - AA is a bit pseudy. Jonathan Hill's a good mate of ours.

IIRC it was at one of these shows in the early 90s that my wife persuaded Justine Frischman to sack off architecture and give music a proper go.

So just how sweaty were the studios this year?

talk about a sweastshop

yeah this year was pretty intense and im glad its done with to be honest

going to the bartlett is like being in a different world, you've almost no time for anything outside it, a bit sad really, but as you said its a fantastic school

ben - no i dont think we've met, just jane knows i used to go a few dmz's a while ago and obviously you are mr.dubstep so she talked about you sometimes :)

jonathan hill's into his rock isnt he, ive got a book of his, Maverick Deviations, man can he draw - i know his teaching partner this year quite well as it happens

Grievous Angel

Beast of Burden
I think that book is Neil Spiller. Jonathan did the Illegal Architect and all that stuff.

So were you degree or diploma, and if so what unit were you in?

UFO over easy

online mahjong
ben - no i dont think we've met, just jane knows i used to go a few dmz's a while ago and obviously you are mr.dubstep so she talked about you sometimes :)

ahh righto, I'll try not to assume the worst :) she spoke highly of you when I mentioned this, assuming you're the person she thinks you are. i'll be popping back this week to see the work in a less hectic environment, will look out for your stuff

Last edited:
I think that book is Neil Spiller. Jonathan did the Illegal Architect and all that stuff.

So were you degree or diploma, and if so what unit were you in?

whoops yeah you're right, getting the two mixed up

i just did degree, Unit 2 taught by William Firebrace and Julian Krueger - good times, somehow managed to fluke the prize for best drwngs, dunno how that happened tho

@ben - yeah i cant really take it all in on opening, midweek its alot quieter and you can actually take in some of the work, though most of it even i dont understand at all