The End is closing

slim jenkins

El Hombre Invisible
Oh, what a shame.

I'd rather housing was built for bankers than 'superclubs' continued. At last, they seem to be dying...like dinosaurs...and the reputation of banks. Where will young bankers go for a night out now?

mms

sometimes
Oh, what a shame.

I'd rather housing was built for bankers than 'superclubs' continued. At last, they seem to be dying...like dinosaurs...and the reputation of banks. Where will young bankers go for a night out now?

what?
are you serious, you want the end to close?
a venue thats supported all kinds of music and nertured all kinds of nights should be closed cos of anti umm not really sure what ideology, its far from a superclub, but a fairly large club in a good spot.

Last edited:

slim jenkins

El Hombre Invisible
So much so that I've applied for a job with the demoliton company in the hope of being able to operate the crane with the wrecking ball and have undertaken a crash course in being qualified to use them with this in mind.

Despite being branded, perhaps, as the 'cutting edge' or 'progressive' alternative amongst larger more popular clubs it is (was!) blatantly little more than just another manifestation of the bloated beast called 'clubbing' in the last century - no more significant or exciting, original or innovative than Glastonbury (I've being praying that will end too but the momentum of popular culture fuelled by the drones will ensure it never will, I fear).

Sorry, but I'm dancing in the ruins and feasting on the corpses of 'superstar DJs' too (in my imagination). The crystal springs of clubland's original intimate, joyous celebration of great dance music have long been poisoned. I would rather share the atmosphere of a cellar bar filled with the sounds of Bo Diddley, Sun Ra or Funkadelic than engage in the mass adulation of more repetitive beats or the latest 'twisted' variation.

Did you ever go to The Rumpus Room? That was a club!

Only my taste, of course! Now, fetch me my slippers and pipe...

UFO over easy

online mahjong
I would rather share the atmosphere of a cellar bar filled with the sounds of Bo Diddley, Sun Ra or Funkadelic than engage in the mass adulation of more repetitive beats or the latest 'twisted' variation.

you could've enjoyed the sounds of funkadelic in person at bestival last summer with me and my fellow drones, we would've made you welcome

mms

sometimes
So much so that I've applied for a job with the demoliton company in the hope of being able to operate the crane with the wrecking ball and have undertaken a crash course in being qualified to use them with this in mind.

Despite being branded, perhaps, as the 'cutting edge' or 'progressive' alternative amongst larger more popular clubs it is (was!) blatantly little more than just another manifestation of the bloated beast called 'clubbing' in the last century - no more significant or exciting, original or innovative than Glastonbury (I've being praying that will end too but the momentum of popular culture fuelled by the drones will ensure it never will, I fear).

Sorry, but I'm dancing in the ruins and feasting on the corpses of 'superstar DJs' too (in my imagination). The crystal springs of clubland's original intimate, joyous celebration of great dance music have long been poisoned. I would rather share the atmosphere of a cellar bar filled with the sounds of Bo Diddley, Sun Ra or Funkadelic than engage in the mass adulation of more repetitive beats or the latest 'twisted' variation.

Did you ever go to The Rumpus Room? That was a club!

Only my taste, of course! Now, fetch me my slippers and pipe...

well they put the rinse nights on, and there aren't really any superstar djs anymore, not there anyway. the big techno djs go to fabric.