Richard Carnage

out of curiosity where do you get your dubz cut?

Dubstudio in Bristol. Was my first time getting stuff cut - got two double-sided 10" plates on a deal, and whacked 2 short tracks on one of the sides for a fiver extra. Sort of a bargain, compared to how much it'd be for 5 different plates!

Henry did a really great job with them as well. Was unsure of what to expect, but it came out sounding great. Hand delivered to my door as well - what service! :D

nochexxx

harco pronting
Dubstudio in Bristol. Was my first time getting stuff cut - got two double-sided 10" plates on a deal, and whacked 2 short tracks on one of the sides for a fiver extra. Sort of a bargain, compared to how much it'd be for 5 different plates!

Henry did a really great job with them as well. Was unsure of what to expect, but it came out sounding great. Hand delivered to my door as well - what service! :D

i've had quite a few dubs cut and more often than not thought they sound decent. although i question the loudness - my faders have to be right down the bottom to avoid hitting the reds on my mixer and that's asking for them to be cut without the need to be too loud.

Richard Carnage

i've had quite a few dubs cut and more often than not thought they sound decent. although i question the loudness - my faders have to be right down the bottom to avoid hitting the reds on my mixer and that's asking for them to be cut without the need to be too loud.

You're better off having them cut too loud rather than too quiet. I'd maybe try adjusting the gain on the channel instead of the fader? Means you can DJ as you would normally, and may solve your redlining issue. Volume sounds fine on these though. Where are you getting yours cut anyway?

nochexxx

harco pronting
You're better off having them cut too loud rather than too quiet. I'd maybe try adjusting the gain on the channel instead of the fader? Means you can DJ as you would normally, and may solve your redlining issue. Volume sounds fine on these though. Where are you getting yours cut anyway?

sorry, i failed to mention my dubs were also cut at dubstudio. and your quite right, it's my channel gain i find i have to turn down - seems overly sensitive to the reds compared to my other professionally manufactured records.

paolo

Mechanical phantoms
id like to buy some juke mix cds. comps are cool but this stuff seems to really come alive in mixes (then again i prob dont need to buy any as i have quite a few that ive downloaded, but still some sort of official juke mix like say, the unruly club classics one i have for bmore stuff would be cool). cant wait for the v/a juke comp next year though.

this is a lot of fun in the meantime -
http://www.futurenextlevel.com/post/978416804/no-jokin-jus-jukin-footwurkin-no-workin

Yeah I'd buy a decent juke mix CD (juke allstars?). Cheers for pointing out the Boomnoise mix :)

skweeelicious!

bass downstairs
FAO Soul Pill and others interested in footwurk, have you heard this dude Bishop? He has a seriously unique take on juke. Check these and all others you can find on youtube:

Last edited:

soul_pill

it's a damn shame his tracks are unavailable. his sound is super cool.

It's no different to many other producers, i can't hear him adding anything unique to the table. I quite like his version of 'let me go', as for more unique producers, check out young smoke, c-lo, dj rome, spice t, t-why, dj royal, dj jay-h...

soul_pill

most producers have left myspace behind, its all on facebook now... u might have to be friends with him to see this i dunno, but here's a young smoke video:

skweeelicious!

bass downstairs
nice one! couldn't see that video but found his album preview on youtube and it's wicked. guess he is self-releasing?

found one dj rome track on youtube it was ace. no luck finding any of the others. i've heard good things about dj royal's sade remix but could only find dead links.

didn't look on facebook, it's such an awful music platform, but will try there.

dave quam

I'm definitely not gonna vouch for T Why, last time I saw him DJ he played a footwork remix of Lenny Kravitz, it was fucking terrible.

DJ Royal is ok, I have one of his mixtapes, I can upload it later.

Ory

warp drive
feeling this. deep and spacey much like the last 3 trax on the recent ghettophiles EP.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

dave quam

heh,

yeah that remix is fun, for those who don't know the Cha Cha Slide is a (and still is) popular line dance still done at weddings and parties in the Midwest, mostly with the now middle aged crowd. It's from DJ Casper from Mississippi.

rubberdingyrapids

got the dj solo album juke music vol 3 from amazon. tracks seem to cut off a bit abruptly but i like it quite a bit. quite a few techno-y synth lines and more of a mix between more traditional 4/4 type juke as well as the more off balance tom tom stuff too.

alec.tron

Creature of Meat and Hair
heh,

yeah that remix is fun, for those who don't know the Cha Cha Slide is a (and still is) popular line dance still done at weddings and parties in the Midwest, mostly with the now middle aged crowd. It's from DJ Casper from Mississippi.

middle aged crowd wedding deejays...eh ?
hehe....nontheless I'm still looking for Dj Chip's - Juke Slide / Ghetto Slide mix to buy as flac/320... so if anyone has seen that or knows where to get it from, let me know.

Also loved all the bishop bits I've seen/heard... for some reason I thought he's primarily a footworker though rather than a producer, guess I got that wrong...
Churs.
c.