REYNOLDS EVENT VIDEO POSTED - Reynolds on the Hardcore Continuum

heva

Wild Horses
Hey you guys found this before I did!

The video from our event is now posted - two hours of Simon plus kpunk talking about the hardcore continuum.

http://fact.tv/videos/watch/518

I put this in a new thread so the link isn't lost among 20 pages but also to separate some responses to this video from some of the other sprawling debate about the HC from various sources. The video contains the HC ideas from Reynolds himself and he directly responds to some of the criticisms out there - so have a look!

Because we didn't have a lot of time for Q&A, Simon has agreed to answer a few questions that people might have in response to this talk. We'll either do it on his blog or ours, but I'll moderate it by collecting questions here or in the comments of the video itself on FACT TV. I reckon we'll stick to questions that are a direct response to this video. So, ask away!

heva

Wild Horses
oh I forgot to say also - Simon mentioned that he had a few other notes he was hoping to touch on during the discussion and Q&A section but didn't get to - about the role of digital technology especially. He said he'll post those notes up on his blog eventually - but if you have questions about this, he's got some answers ready! :)

heva

Wild Horses
I'm not sure why this was moved this to the events section... considering the other thread was 20 pages long I thought it was a way of focussing that discussion a bit better. Well I guess then I will move the discussion BACK to the 20 page thread... :)

matt b

Indexing all opinion
I'm not sure why this was moved this to the events section...

re-reading your own the thread title might give you a hint ;)

having said that John should have moved the first thread. the slacker

Last edited:

heva

Wild Horses
hmm, so if i changed the thread title to 'High quality video of Simon Reynolds discussing something directly that has sparked 20 pages of interesting comments already - for free, for all to discuss' - would that help? :cool:

matt b

Indexing all opinion
hmm, so if i changed the thread title to 'High quality video of Simon Reynolds discussing something directly that has sparked 20 pages of interesting comments already - for free, for all to discuss' - would that help? :cool:

yes, obv. too late now, this thread's just spam. ;)

john eden

male pale and stale

Do you want to have a row about this?

vimothy

yurp
Crumbs -- you're in trouble now!

Just cos he moderates, oh, don't make him a moderate, no.

(Sung to the tune of "Just Cause She Dance the Go-go")

Last edited:

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
Hey you guys found this before I did!

The video from our event is now posted - two hours of Simon plus kpunk talking about the hardcore continuum.

http://fact.tv/videos/watch/518

I put this in a new thread so the link isn't lost among 20 pages but also to separate some responses to this video from some of the other sprawling debate about the HC from various sources. The video contains the HC ideas from Reynolds himself and he directly responds to some of the criticisms out there - so have a look!

Because we didn't have a lot of time for Q&A, Simon has agreed to answer a few questions that people might have in response to this talk. We'll either do it on his blog or ours, but I'll moderate it by collecting questions here or in the comments of the video itself on FACT TV. I reckon we'll stick to questions that are a direct response to this video. So, ask away!

Hey wtf? I only just clocked that it was you that put this on! How about that?

Small world. Hi Heather!