superstar dj's

Actually the most retarded thing about the Superstar DJ worship is that so many people give them such a good press and yet they have never heard them before. Dave Clarke has a reputation for being brilliant but I'm in no position to agree with this because I've never heard him, so I've nothing to gain by pretending.

How about the Dubstep chaps like Skream, Benga, Kode 9 and Rusko, etc. Who also do shows all over the world, play to pretty heterogeneous audiences but don't get the big pay outs.

Obviously Im not into discussing how much people get paid but we can assume the above guys dont receive the same sums.

powerpill

How about the Dubstep chaps like Skream, Benga, Kode 9 and Rusko, etc. Who also do shows all over the world, play to pretty heterogeneous audiences but don't get the big pay outs.

Obviously Im not into discussing how much people get paid but we can assume the above guys dont receive the same sums.

cant really compare those guys to tiesto etc, who have huge production budgets for each show/tour and consistently pack out stadium/huge arenas which they are headlining.

urbanite

subnoto
What would you play as your first record after an intro like that?

Skeng would fit nicely after an intro like that or maybe 2D, Deep Space 9mm could be a fun one too... Something gloomy with a bang to it anyways, otherwise it's a bit of a let down...

mms

sometimes

they play to small niche audiences, maybe skream and rusko pay larger ones but not that much larger.

they play to small niche audiences, maybe skream and rusko pay larger ones but not that much larger.

Yeah, they certainly dont pack out stadiums, but in terms of the nicheness, niche in the sense that the crowd are real fans, im not sure the average Skream or Rusko crowd are any more dubstep savvy or devoted than the Tiesto lot .

straight

wings cru
diplo is in a very different league to the techno guys, the night i did in manchester booked him for less than a grand. all the big techno guys get 5 figures on the continent, thats why they dont get booked here regularly.