What is your favourite 7"?

matt b

Indexing all opinion
loved the the singer for performing minus shoes and socks.

And falling off a six foot stage onto his head. Kept singing. Rolling round in a thick dust / ashes mix, making breathing difficult. Kept singing. Etc.

Never fucking turned up when I put on gigs, mind. The useless cunts ;)

nochexxx

harco pronting
yeah i saw both bands play about 2 years ago and i was surprised to see the polaris drummer stay on stage during the change over. like you say bilge pump are awesome.

was pretty exited that night as prior to that i hadn't seen polaris since the mid 90's. (who was really fucking inspiring to me at that moment in time)

nochexxx

harco pronting
And falling off a six foot stage onto his head. Kept singing. Rolling round in a thick dust / ashes mix, making breathing difficult. Kept singing. Etc.

Never fucking turned up when I put on gigs, mind. The useless cunts ;)

i vaguely remember them having a rep for not showing up zomby style.

DannyL

Wild Horses
my favourite 7"s are almost always produced by the goodiepal. spesh these 6
midi-hack sevens lifted from advertising campaigns he supposedly worked on.

[and this teardop 7 is really amazing.
Vaches.jpg

I haven't heard that but I need to own it 'cos it looks so fantastic. Wot it like?

nochexxx

harco pronting
I haven't heard that but I need to own it 'cos it looks so fantastic. Wot it like?

essential berserker viking electronic music! (i will see if i can find an mp3 and up it)

here's a minute clip , which is way too short.

Last edited:

DannyL

Wild Horses
essential berserker viking electronic music!

sold

... all those other ones are beautiful looking as well. Are they promo 7"s from the time or present day releases?

This is unfortunatley reminding me of the bluebeat promotional single for, I think, a brand of razors I left in a shop.

Last edited:

nochexxx

harco pronting
sold

... all those other ones are beautiful looking as well. Are they promo 7"s from the time or present day releases?

This is unfortunatley reminding me of the bluebeat promotional single for, I think, a brand of razors I left in a shop.

they're proper releases via his label mainpal and the musics contained thererin are
altered / hacked versions of the tracks originally used by the advertising companies he worked for. at least that's my understanding, although you never really know with parl.

we should probably have a thread for corporate indoctrintated music and stuff related.

IdleRich

IdleRich
"Did I? When was that? At least my comments are consistent, I suppose"
When you and Phil came round that time.

"this is a nice seven. i'm guessing idle rich will know this."
I certainly do - in fact the name of our clubnight (Sleep All Day Drive All Night) comes from that track - which made it all the more annoying when they used it on a beer advert. Although fortunately that line isn't in the bit used on the advert. It's sampled on this I think

http://www.discogs.com/release/357838

I've also got their It's A Gas single which is pretty similar but not quite as good.

slye

Allied Heights
I narrowed it down to these four 7"s...

Adam And The Antz - Zerox/Whip In My Valise

Eddie Palmieri - Caminando/Vamonos P'al Monte

The Beginning Of The End - Funky Nassau Pts. 1 & 2

The International Submarine Band - Sum Up Broke/One Day Week

Choosing from those would be very difficult for me.

Also, I assume that Zap Pow - River/River Stone (on the Voodooism comp) was originally from a 7" record, although I don't own it nor have I even seen it. Anyone know the deal with that one? Damn that one is a massive tune!

Last edited:
D

droid

Always come back to self-produced gem from Tiger:

5754.jpg

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

STN

sou'wester
In reality it's 'I Can't Stand It', by Alton and Lloyd, but as I don't want to bring any more reggae to the table, I'm saying 'Dicks Hate the Police', by The Dicks.