Gordon Brown gets FLAMED

This guy is probably a right-wing moonbat, what with looking like that, speaking like that and writing for the telegraph but it's great to see the PM get owned in the European Parliament.

crackerjack

This guy is probably a right-wing moonbat, what with looking like that, speaking like that and writing for the telegraph but it's great to see the PM get owned in the European Parliament.

I won't defend Nu Labour's neoliberal policies that have got us here. But this is an attack on a sensible Keynesian recovery plan from the Tory right.

Great to see? Be careful what you wish for.

vimothy

yurp
Are Labour going to lose the next election? I looked at some online polls that seem to suggest that they will, but find it hard to imagine the Tories running the country.

crackerjack

Are Labour going to lose the next election? I looked at some online polls that seem to suggest that they will, but find it hard to imagine the Tories running the country.

Tory support is soft, Labour loathing is strong.

Labour have a year to hope for a miracle or see a notable economic upturn. Otherwise it's doom.

The constituency arithmetic is about teh only thing in their favour - Tories need a lead of 5 or 6 to get a working majority (although Clegg's Lib Dems would support them in a hung parliament, given the option and possibly a PR referendum)

josef k.

Dangerous Mystagogue
For some reason, I envision Gordon Brown remaining in power for the next twenty years, a la Nixon in the Watchmen.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
look at the no behind daniel. Good speech but more important behind is the real truth
786 IS THE NUMERICAL VALUE OF THE VERSE
BISSMILLAH HIR RAHMAN NIR RAHIM'..
IN ENGLISH IT MEANS
IN THE NAME OF ALLAH WHO IS THE MOST BENEFICENT AND MERCIFUL'
MUSLIMS SAY IT BEFORE STARTING ANYTHING ..FOR EXAMPLE BEFORE PERFORMING PRAYERS OR EVEN BEFORE THEY START TO EAT SOMETHING...
The truth is behind you daniel, not infront of you as gordon brown is!!!!!!!!!

Anybody would be better than these cunts, I don't like seeing a genuine police surveillance state and 60,000 strong anti-terror brownshirt army being set up before our eyes. Begone, you fucking shower.

crackerjack

Anybody would be better than these cunts, I don't like seeing a genuine police surveillance state and 60,000 strong anti-terror brownshirt army being set up before our eyes. Begone, you fucking shower.

And this month's winner of the Most Befitting Avatar goes to....

scottdisco

rip this joint please
OT but

nice article there Cracker.

i used to read Daniel H.'s 'an MEP writes..'-format column in the Sunday Telegraph week in week out (don't ask) for a long time and - politically speaking - he is a scrote.

humour, personable, yes, all that, but White has nailed him there i fear.

(just to be clear: i am not a tin-foil hat wearer who has forgotten Orwell's timelessly correct advice about things being true even when Lord Halifax says they are true.)

josef k.

Dangerous Mystagogue
I love the way White looks in his picture (I am obsessed with columnist pictures): stern, authoritative, morally serious, a man whose voice carries weight.

scottdisco

rip this joint please
two things i always remember about Michael White:

(i) he mugged Guido Fawkes one time (as Craner rightly says, a twat)

(ii) once on the breakfast sofa, doing the papers, quite passionately (his voice rose and everything) saying it was "obscene", and suchlike, to make direct analogies between the scale of human losses the US military suffered in Vietnam and the destruction wrought on Vietnam and her inhabitants, as the scale of the losses were so "monstrously" (IIRC his usage of language) different.
BTW he wasn't addressing a strawman there, he was directly responding to something he'd just read on same.

columnist pic spotting is a good game, Josef!

Last edited:

josef k.

Dangerous Mystagogue
What I would quite like is for all of the writing in all of the newspapers to be stripped down to bare statements of emotional fact.

So for example, you could just have a picture of Michael White, and all the article would say is: "Dan Hannon is a cunt and so am I."

Or rather than the rhetoric, Dan Hannon could have just said: "Gordon Brown, you are a cunt. You are a cunting cunt. A cunting cuntish cunt." And so on.

I genuinely feel this would improve public discourse.

crackerjack

two things i always remember about Michael White:

(i) he mugged Guido Fawkes one time (as Craner rightly says, a twat)

I'd like it noted I called him a cunt, too.

You've not got in detail on the other time White took him down - on Newsnight, when guido insisted on appeariing with his face pixalled out (or some other disguise, I forget what), as if everyone who gives a fuck doesn't already know who he is. This should be brought up regularly and often, whenever possible in fact, a bit like Hague's Toryboy speech.

White was genuinely and properly pissed off that news organisations treat dicks like Guido as iinfluential voices rather than parrtisan gossipmongers.