GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

Simon78

Just put a promo video up for the Spooky EP. Its out on vinyl on the 10th of May - 300 copies. Digital will be a few weeks later.

DJ EZ, Vectra & JJ are all playing the Iron Gates remix. Elijah and Skilliam start their FACT mix with Murderer and D Double E vocalled The Devil Within on his track Bassline Murder.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

gumdrops

does footsie more or less just make dubstep now? heard spyro (?) play a new track from him on sunday briefly in the car and it was just dubstep. good track, but still, bit dissapointing. seems like a lot of grime guys are doing this. just wondering as listening to that spooky murderer track and it seems like thats been made with dubstep audiences in mind too.

wise

bare BARE BONES
I just got the Wiley Instrumentals cd in Uptown, the guy behind the counter didn't know anything about it
being pulled or not pulled.
They had a few copies if anyone is after it
Also got this
Thunderclaps - Bootstraps vol 1
in Phonica, pretty tasty 12"

Last edited:

Simon78

does footsie more or less just make dubstep now? heard spyro (?) play a new track from him on sunday briefly in the car and it was just dubstep. good track, but still, bit dissapointing. seems like a lot of grime guys are doing this. just wondering as listening to that spooky murderer track and it seems like thats been made with dubstep audiences in mind too.

Not sure about Footsie but Spooky plays Grime, Funky & Dubstep in his sets and I think that as a producer you are going to be influenced by what you are listening to.

I picked the tunes I wanted for this EP and I did chose two that might appeal to a Dubstep audience as I wanted to get a wider selection of DJs playing his tunes.

Its all mixed up at the minute though isn't it. E10 Riddim is getting talked about in the Funky/Dubstep threads and Serious Thugs is also in the Dubstep section. All four Spooky songs still sound like Grime to me though.

It seems to be getting a good response over on Grime Forum
http://www.grimeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55950&page=2

gumdrops

apart from thinking colder the normal mix is better than the beatless one, thats a great compilation. might design my own cover though lol.

Blackdown

nexKeysound
I ordered the Cheeky one and a few months later the order has turned up with the Avalanche CD so I assume Wiley just took control of his own back catalog, which is entirely fair enough.

alex

Do not read this.
some of the tunes you played from spooky on radio on sunday were sick Simon, he is taking the michael at the minute.

Simon78

some of the tunes you played from spooky on radio on sunday were sick Simon, he is taking the michael at the minute.

Yeah he is easily my favourite Grime producer at the minute. All of the Funky bits I played by him seemed to get a good response as well.

I will do you a quick 20 min mix with a load of them on if you want.

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
Confused: Rhythm Division closed, but is apparently merging with Avalanche Music Hut? To form one big online store?
Shame, Avalanche were my favourite because for some reason they never charged for international shipping.