Ramleh (90s version with guitars)

john eden

male pale and stale
also - this looks good but is taking an age to come out (worse than woofah ha ha!)

http://www.asloudaspossible.org/current_issue.html

alap_new_cover.jpg

This is now out and is very good on first skim. It's a bit like a Woofah for noise, in fact.

The Broken Flag piece is amazingly in depth with lots of reflection and anecdotes from pretty much all the key players.

BSquires

This is now out and is very good on first skim. It's a bit like a Woofah for noise, in fact.

The Broken Flag piece is amazingly in depth with lots of reflection and anecdotes from pretty much all the key players.

Got my copy yesterday and I concur - very good - especially the Broken Flag story - essential for the four Ramleh fans on Dissensus I reckon...

john eden

male pale and stale
The Haters piece and the stuff on Interchange fanzine (and the notorious North East grave robbing incident) are also very good.

john eden

male pale and stale
niche.jpg

This is good.

I just scored a copy of "Crystal Revenge" as well, which is really nice - a lot more spacey than Blowhole but from the same sessions I think.

So yeah got most of the geetar albums now that are reasonably easy to get hold of... need to spend some proper time with them and report back properly.

john eden

male pale and stale
Second Layer and Harbinger Sound presents...

BROKEN FLAG 30TH ANNIVERSARY

Ramleh, The New Blockaders, Controlled Bleeding, Prurient, Le Syndicat, Skullflower, Consumer Electronics, JFK, Sewer Election, Grunt, Kleistwahr, and loads more.

May 4th – 6th 2012, The Dome, Tufnell Park, London.

Hmm!

john eden

male pale and stale
I suppose the odds of CE / Ramleh / Skullflower all being on the same night are pretty low, which means...yeah, 'hmm'. Having to drink through a load of crap in the meantime. Why the fuck did anyone book Grunt?

Well I guess grunt are current so good for da kidz?!

Hoping for a JFK, Skullflower and ramleh guitars set on the same night. But a lot depends on the programme, quite!

I guess the Awake! 8 CD set may come out then too?

BSquires

Well I guess grunt are current so good for da kidz?!

Hoping for a JFK, Skullflower and ramleh guitars set on the same night. But a lot depends on the programme, quite!

I guess the Awake! 8 CD set may come out then too?

I've got a pass for the whole weekend - anybody else foolish enough to be there?

Yes the 'Awake!' thing will be out then plus some other 'exclusives'...

BSquires

Anyone else enjoying 'Circular Time'? or the recent rash of Kleistwahr CDs? Certainly been enjoying the elegiac vibe of the latter...

And John - how was the Cafe Oto evening?

john eden

male pale and stale
Yes Circular Time is great but suffers from the all too common "double album that should have been an album" syndrome.

OTO was mixed but overall two really good sets. The guitar one way better than the Broken Flag festival.

BSquires

Yes Circular Time is great but suffers from the all too common "double album that should have been an album" syndrome.

OTO was mixed but overall two really good sets. The guitar one way better than the Broken Flag festival.

Thanks John - Yes Circular Time is a bit of a monster and probably could have used some editing... Glad you enjoyed the OTO event and that they've improved their three-piece approach since the BF festival... Have you pick up the recent 12" on Entropy? Pretty keen on the noisy side... and I see that first (split) album is about to be re-issued as well...

I managed to catch the 3-piece Consumer Electronics line-up in Notts earlier in the year - excellent I thought - especially Sarah's vocals... looking forward to their next offering...

and finally the latest Con-Dom is an excellent and troubling piece of work - although I might be at the outer edge of Dissensus thought on that one...