Ramleh (90s version with guitars)

john eden

male pale and stale
I’ve been enjoying the emo-PE of Cremation Lily this year and was surprised and pleased to see him post this:

Hole In The Heart is a good listen on a cold rainy Tier 4 day.

catalog

I just listened to some of 'hole in my heart' earlier tonight and was completely taken aback by it. Not what I was expecting at all. To me there's a very close kinship with stuff like the scuzzy end of James Ferraro and other Hippos in Tanks artists. Or maybe even something like spacemen 3/spiritualised.

Very impressed actually, not the sound I was thinking I was gonna get at all, and I really like it. Good amount of control/confidence/conviction with very nice melodies underneath it all.

Anyone checked out breathless, the other Gary mundy act?

I've just finished reading the big ALAP piece and am about to dive into ramleh and some of the associated acts (having never listened to them at all) but was expecting a far more whitehouse sort of vibe, which I was slightly apprehensive about tbh. I sometimes like the abrasive stuff with screeching spoken word but haven't been in the mood for it for a while. I always tend to think that sort of thing works better live but even then, there's gotta be some proper conviction.

luka

I've never heard of Ramleh but there's something about this thread title which I find uniquely unappealing. It's the combination of the ugly name, plus having 90s and guitars in tandem. I can't stand seeing it. I'm going to make another post in music just so it's not at the top and I don't have to look at it.