Jackin' / Electroline

datwun

This one might be of interest, especially to Datwun.

Check track 9 on this page:
Taking that warp bass a bit further out there.

Yup!!! Love this a lot, ooooof! Really dig Aggz style generally: hard, dark, and hip hop influence, as opposed to the more cheesy poppy end of things (which is obviously brilliant too). Looking forward to running the mix through my phones~

would something kie this get played at a jackin rave?

Whacha mean by kie (.__.?)

They definitely played loads of stuff like this at 2:31. garagey/housey/garage housey
organs and pianos, 'non-cheesy'/classy diva vocal snatchs a'la UK bass etc. Pretty much exactly between UK bass and jackin - it's Hannah Wants' sound exactly, though she did play bigtunes bangers too.

On a similar tip I **LOVE** this Shadow Child tune from Wants' last mix

My man Vee O with some more fiya - I absolutely love a couple of his tracks (Get Funky's probably my favourite, then Im Horny, Ive Got Things) but it seems most of his tracks are just very functional dancefloor tracks, which I like to rinse on radio when I first get them but don't come back to all the time like big Lorenzo tunes.

Love the bassline on this - big owl-bass, screama-ghost-noise-bass tune
http://www.bigtunesmp3.co.uk/tunes/everywhere-i-turn-by-craig-price-paul-lawrence/#9

Edit: Bobbylarkin:
From Feb onwards, on the 1st? 3rd? Wednesday of every month ,Marcus Nasty's hosting his rinse show at the Vibe Bar on Brick Lane! The last one was a corker and he plays /a lot/ of jackin + it's free/£0.00/no money!

Last edited:

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
It's funny, listening to 'Too Bad' again yesterday I realised how similar it is to jump up DNB like Hazard/Taxman/Clipz et al. Specifically the deep sub doubling up a much higher pitched melodic riff.

NATO

Yeah that's true. It's a hype tune but there is a little something nagging about it - what it could signify I guess. But it's barely a hair's breadth away from coke diet in sound and feel so can't be arsed to care too much.

NATO

There's also a VIP mix of Too Bad which is pretty heavy. It's maybe a little less metallic and has a fantastically theatrical descending synth part in it:

Last edited:

datwun

Hopefully by the end of the month! I'd ideally like to get it published somewhere but I'd obv share it around those who are interested before it's printed.

Thinking of aiming it between a straight expose "there's this thing happening and it's really good" and a more theoretical article which uses jackin to probe concepts such as scene/scienius in the contemporary context etc.

PS ALSO: I'm back on radio today! 'sbeen a while. 6-8 www.innacityfm.com, going in with straight jackin bass, bassline, garage house, 4x4 etc.
I think I'm on my ones so I'd appreciate the company!!!! #lol
Hope to see you on the chat room~

Last edited:

jimitheexploder

Aint trollin, just saying... Its pretty simular right. I mean the dudes alias is stright up tech house and it aint that diffrent to the 'jackin' in the thread...

Elijah

Butterz
When Marcus did a set at the Butterz rave last year it went down well. Worked as a good break from the Grime.

jimitheexploder

tbh my only beef with jackin dispite the tech house denial is that it aint any where near as fun or insane as bassline.

It just subtitues the energy and swing with a cheesy sample.

Benny Bunter

Go back and count all the times someone's said 'it's just....[blah blah blah]' in this thread (and the old funky/bassline threads). Hardly very insightful observations any of them.

But wait Jimi, isn't Bassline 'just' 4x4 garage sped up a bit with a bit more cheese? Isn't UK funky 'just' MAW with grimier basslines? Aren't Disclosure ''just' post-dubstep Joy Orbison impersonators etc etc etc.

YAWN

Benny Bunter

If we're gonna play that game, here's my observation for the day

Lorenzo is 'just' this generation's Todd Terry.

And where would we be without him eh?

Last edited: