Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627

Thread: if New York can die so can London

Yay, Fabric reopens and London survives!:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...ing-conditions

Banning everyone with an age of exactly 18 is the masterstroke required to rectify matters - obviously - and a lifetime ban for anyone caught "asking for drugs" seems pretty reasonable and entirely un-dystopian.

I like the idea of people not asking for drugs. Let's get these dealers really working for their money.

This http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-en...-a7898056.html has some pretty funny moments, and is crowned by a tweet straight from the "spoiled moaning DJs on twitter" thread

probably more double-edged than intended, that one, considering the "festival" is fucked by it's own need to be near to lazy gentrifiers
    Predictably, the majority of Sunfall attendees seemed primarily there to be present at a significant event in their particular social scene, with the music at best a welcome by-product, if not simply background entertainment. It seemed that whether this year's performers Helena Hauff and Shanti Celeste were on stage, or say, Dusky and Eats Everything, it would not have made a big difference to most. A big festival-type congregation for London post-graduates to take pills, create an instagram story and be home in half an hour, featuring music above a certain floor of cultural capital, will always be popular. There’s nothing inherently wrong in this – perma-tanned investment managers have to hang out somewhere – but it undoubtedly means that there’s little chance of Sunfall’s consumer base deserting the festival en masse because of underwhelming sound.
    harsh,

i say bring back Shane Collins' Brocky Park Ganja festival

there hasn't been anythin to do at work recently so i wrote this about "the OS Community"

https://gl4ssh4nd.wordpress.com/2017...-os-community/

i've been out nearly every weekend for the past 5 months this year in london. too many times it's spilled into a berlin-style 36+ hour house and techno marathon, which i didn't realise u could really do in London without being at jaded every time until recently (maybe it's a summer thing?). good while it lasts but probably not great for the vicious cycle of 9-5 drudgery that makes u want to do it again the next weekend.

i've found a couple more things going on since i wrote this that probably mean bits of it need updating. i might have a few more of these in me as a result... or i'll just put this up and never write anything else for 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by glasshand View Post
    there hasn't been anythin to do at work recently so i wrote this about "the OS Community"

https://gl4ssh4nd.wordpress.com/2017...-os-community/

i've been out nearly every weekend for the past 5 months this year in london. too many times it's spilled into a berlin-style 36+ hour house and techno marathon, which i didn't realise u could really do in London without being at jaded every time until recently (maybe it's a summer thing?). good while it lasts but probably not great for the vicious cycle of 9-5 drudgery that makes u want to do it again the next weekend.

i've found a couple more things going on since i wrote this that probably mean bits of it need updating. i might have a few more of these in me as a result... or i'll just put this up and never write anything else for 2 years.
    the picture there of a load of people looking like hugh grant wearing scarves indoors and clutching bottles of lager says it all really. "another canape Toby?" theres no london left. its been transmuted into surrey. "the revenge of a suburban government" as patrick kelior rightly diagnosed in the clip above