Wiley's eski-œuvre

S

simon silverdollar

North London = Babylon Burner

I agree with the fact that his beats aren't completely blowing me away, however I like Babylon Burner (as a real grime tune to be mixed in during a set) and the instrumental for chance us and the instrumental for that 6 min diss track.....
Someone said they reckoned that he is saving the best ones for his album, which makes sense to me (although it's only a guess).

sorry didn't mean babylon burner. i mean that older tune called something like 'carnival'?

anyway, not that it really matters.

i hope that yr right about him saving the best ones for the album

28 Gun Nice Boy

Apparently Babylon Burner is produced by Breeze. I don't know why I like the drums on that one so much, they sound like they're pitched down like how when you turn a turntable on with the stylus already on the record. Somehow it just works for me.

The Boy Better Know freestyle over it on the Westwood Show is better than the actual official vocal version I reckon though.

SIZZLE

gasoline for haters
I agree that some of Wiley's beats, especially on Tunnel Vision 1 are a bit 'normal' and not that crazy, esp for Wiley. There are still enough to keep me interested though, 'North London' the 6min beef riddim (got a name logan?) and the Bad Em Up beat are all sick. And his bars are WAY up, which makes up for a lot.

petergunn

plywood violin
what do people think of the new wiley instrumentals? 'north london;, 'pump up tone up', ' 'last year' even 'babylon burner'? i'm not getting that 'wow' factor that every new wiley instrumental had for me two years ago or so...

his MCing is better than ever, but has that come at the expense of his productions?

"pump up"is great....

i relistened to the Eski Boy remix and it's actually pretty great... it brings out the "eskimo" qualities in the baseline...

but, yeah, listening to alot of the instrumental only stuff he's putting out now, most of it feels pretty non essential...

Brokeman

Living Too Late
I'm probably showing how anal I am here that it bothers me that I don't know

the names of tunes but can anybody supply the titles of the two tracks on the

B-side of Ruff Sqwad's Pied Piper (the original instrumental version). Track

B2 is this kind of artcore sounding tune similar to Terror Danjah's Juggling'.
Also, does anybody know the titles of the tunes on Jammer's 'Hard Times EP'?

pied piper: don't know but is that RSQ 002?? i could prob ID it if i knew that

jammer "hard times"

a1 mystic
a2 thug
a3 gaps and paces
b1 starship
b2 fuckery
b3 let's go

28 Gun Nice Boy

Artcore was a term used by some of the music press to describe the more melodical jungle tunes by artists like Omni Trio, Foul Play, Nookie etc back in 94 - 95. I think there was a compilation called 'Artcore React'but other than that I only ever heard journalists use the term. I always thought that it was a bit of a naff word but that Ruff Sqwad tune I was talking about and TD's 'Juggling' kind of remind me of those old jungle tunes like Foul Play's 'Open Your Mind Remix' that it was used to describe.

Thanks for the 'Hard Times EP' track listing; the Ruff Sqwad one I was trying to ID has a catalogue number of RUFF1.

viktorvaughn

This is what i have so far.

WILEY Wiley Morgue Morgue 2005 Remix
WK001 Wiley I Will Not Lose Wiley Kat
WK002 Wiley Snowman Wiley Kat
WK003 Wiley Eskimo Split it Down The Middle Wiley Kat
WK003 Wiley Eskimo Wiley Kat
WK003b Harry Toddler Donkey Kick (Eskimo Vocal) Untitled Wiley Kat
WK005 Roll Deep Bounce Wiley Kat
WK005 Wiley Avalanche Wiley Kat
WK006 Wiley Snowkat I Will not Loose (Rmx) Wiley Kat
WK007 Wiley Eskimo 3 Ice Pole Wiley Kat
WK008 Wiley Freeze Freeze (Devil mix 1) Freeze (Devil mix 2) Wiley Kat
WK010 Wiley Frostbite Wiley Kat
WK011 Wiley Blizzard Blizzard (Drums Mix) Wiley Kat
WK012 Wiley Snowball Tokyo Wiley Kat
WK013 Wiley Eskimo (Brain Dead Mix) Shanghai Wiley Kat
WK014 Wiley Gun Shot Riddim (Pulse Eskimo) Wiley Kat
WK015 Wiley Ice Rink Eskiboy Wiley Kat
WK016 Wiley Reason Instrumenatl Wiley Kat
WK017 Wiley Igloo Wiley Kat
WK018 Wiley Igloo Remix Wiley Kat
WK020 Wiley Ice Rink Rmx Wiley Kat
WK022 Wiley Ground Zero Ground Zero (Devil Mix) Wiley Kat
WK022 Wiley/Skepta Gun Shot Riddim (Pulse Eskimo) (Skepta Rmx) Untitled Untitled Wiley Kat
WK023 Wiley Ground Force Wiley Kat
WK023 Wiley Pies
WK030 Wiley Fire Fly Fire Fly (Bass Mix) Colder (Bass Mix) Cuts and Paces Wiley Kat
WK031 Wiley/Ruff Sqwad Jam Pie Jam Pie Instr. Tunnel Vision Merkle Instr. Wiley Kat

DW002 Wiley/Danny Weed Blue Rizla
EB001 Wiley Fire Hydrant Poltergiest Relay Bastard
EBR001 Wiley Donkey Kick (Eskimo Vocal)
EBR003 Wiley Fire Hydrant (Riko Vocal) Colder (Lethal Slew)
EBR004 Wiley Ice Cream Man Fire Hydrant
EBR005 Wiley Colder (Rmx) Dragon Stout
IR001 Wiley Riko Vocal Breeze Vocal Tinchy Stryder Vocal Kano Vocal
IR002 Wiley Dizzee Rascal Vocal Scratchy D Vocal All in One Vocal Sharkey Major Vocal
RDR001 Wiley New Era
SR001 Wiley Eskimo 2 (Devil's Mix)
VTNT012 Wiley/J2K They Will Not Like You They Will Not Like You Instr. Left Records

gumdrops

let us talk about wileys love of all things SWV. he seems to like sampling koko a lot on various songs. he obviously loves them to bits (me too, SWVs first album is so so brilliant). im just curious as to why swv and no one else from that era? has he sampled any other early 90s/mid 90s R&B that anyone can think of?

if you know certain brothas and sistas

let us talk about wileys love of all things SWV. he seems to like sampling koko a lot on various songs. he obviously loves them to bits (me too, SWVs first album is so so brilliant). im just curious as to why swv and no one else from that era? has he sampled any other early 90s/mid 90s R&B that anyone can think of?

from the ends and of a particular age you'll know that SWV, Xscape, Changing Faces, etc, etc hold a special place in our...I mean...their hearts (lol)

even with the lack of vocal ability (which seems to further enforce the like...and I'm not tryna slew...lol)

gumdrops

i love all those groups and im not ashamed to say it, lol. and most of those albums>>>>>modern R&B albums. i wouldnt say xscape or swv had a lack of vocal ability though.

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
There were recently a whole arseload of Wiley white labels dropped that were promoting the Tunnel Vision mixtapes.

I have no way of knowing their category numbers though, but here is a list without them:

Stormy Weather/ 16 Bar [Southside]
Pumped Up Toned Up (vocal)/ Pumped Up Toned Up (inst.)/ Cool Off (vocal) [Southside]
Slippin In SW/ Forget About Last Year [Southside]
Fly Boy (vocal)/ Are You F'in Mad/ Who Are You [Shut Your Mouth]
I Got Lyrics (vocal)/ Some instrumental I don't know the name of [White]

That's all I got for now.

There were recently a whole arseload of Wiley white labels dropped that were promoting the Tunnel Vision mixtapes.

I have no way of knowing their category numbers though, but here is a list without them:

Stormy Weather/ 16 Bar [Southside]
Pumped Up Toned Up (vocal)/ Pumped Up Toned Up (inst.)/ Cool Off (vocal) [Southside]
Slippin In SW/ Forget About Last Year [Southside]
Fly Boy (vocal)/ Are You F'in Mad/ Who Are You [Shut Your Mouth]
I Got Lyrics (vocal)/ Some instrumental I don't know the name of [White]

That's all I got for now.

stormy weather/16bar is ss74
untitled/north london is ss75
old skool/ untitled is ss76

thats all i can help with

ss63 is danny weed's fantastic dirty den/cloud 9 by the way

your not real came out on ss71
carnival/ losin my mind out on ss68
checkmate out on ss80
pump up tone up(instr)/cool off/pump up tone up (vocal) out on ss73

found those aswell
your not real might have come out with are you mad on the flip, or it might have been flat derek or something

checkmate probably came out with something else on the flip aswell

jacks not nimble (vox) & (instr)/ who is it (instr)/ i will not lose came out on wiley - together as one ep vol1 on ss081

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
your not real came out on ss71
carnival/ losin my mind out on ss68
checkmate out on ss80
pump up tone up(instr)/cool off/pump up tone up (vocal) out on ss73

found those aswell
your not real might have come out with are you mad on the flip, or it might have been flat derek or something

checkmate probably came out with something else on the flip aswell

My white label of Your Not Real doesn't have anything on the other side.

Flat Derek came out on Dumpvalve with Avenger on the flip side