Bash

monkeysblood

born to cry
does everyone already know about this?

Bash @ Plastic People (Curtain Road, EC2)

Thursday 23rd February, 10pm-2am, £5

...Rephlex Records' ragga renegade The Bug has joined forces with Loefah from dubstep bass dons Digital Mystikz to bring dancehall partyseekers the latest bashment rhythms, classic ragga, heavyweight dub and reggaefied hip hop. Guest DJs on rotation include Adrian Sherwood, Trevor Sax, DJ /Rupture, Mary Anne Hobbs and Seanie T

cheers to heatwave massive for the heads up :D

john eden

male pale and stale
Looks good - you going?

It's not listed on the plastic people site though? :confused:

Last edited:

monkeysblood

born to cry
yes, i shall be there. surely deserves support.
and yeah, unfortunately plastic people's site is rather unreliable on the updates front.

although, i've not seen anything else about the night - promotion issues?
and also, judging by the response on here it ain't gonna be rammed.

hm.

boomnoise

♫
i'm going. not sure about promotion issues. they've been flyering fwd and mary anne hobbs has metnioned it on her show - should be enough to get plastic people approaching full

john eden

male pale and stale
Manlike Kevin confirms it is a go-er. Are there any flyers which can be scanned in?

Should be great...

john eden

male pale and stale
bash-copy.gif

mms

sometimes
gonna try and come but i've got to get down and make some tracks tonight so see how i feel at 11.30 ish

Grievous Angel

Beast of Burden
That was absolutely fucking fantastic

I had a looooooooooooooooooooooooooovvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeellllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy time.

When your evening starts with Loefah taking money on the door and chatting to all and sundry you just know it's going to rockkk.

I met loads of people and I had a fab time.

Eden's voice was very funny this morning.

K9 slew dem, wicked selectionm he even dropped krome & tyme's studio one lik -- pokes reached over the decks and spun it back himself.

The bug... ohmygosh... noisetastic ragga and a battalion of top notch DJs.

Loved it.

Gotta run, big meetings now!

D

droid

Hope it was better than the Bug Breezeblock session.

Most over-hyped MP3 so far this year!

john eden

male pale and stale
:p

DJs: Pokes / Kode9 / The Bug / Loefah

MCs: Space Ape (?) / Ras B / Ricky Rankin / ??? / ??? / Pokes

The MCs really made it - absolutely smashed it over the 85 riddim. Bedlam.

Mary Anne Hobbs was in attendance, but didn't play, ditto a load of dubstep people who I am afraid I have no idea who they are innit tho.

Should be more special guests type people next time...

Where were the rest of you London-based tossers, then, eh?

matt b

Indexing all opinion
lol

i stayed in last night, thus managing to avoid ms hobbes*, so there

<checks diary> i might be able to make the one in july though

*was she once married to the wonder stuff?

D

droid

john eden said:
I am convinced that it will become one of the cornerstones of human culture in the 21st century.

You say that about everything these days!! :D

Personally I thought it was nothing special. Sloppy mixing and MCng (in places), no real cohesion or vision for the set with the music going from Dub classics to Dancehall Riddims to Bug stuff willy nilly - no real 'live' element to the music (unless you count spinbacks)...

All in all, it sounded like an inexperienced Selector playing a soundsystem set featuring loads of Bug tunes with a bunch of mostly medicore MCs chatting randomly over the top... a few flashes of brilliance, but nothing mind-blowing at all.

They REALLY should've rehearsed it IMO - and the annoying Hobbesian hype on the mic totally wrecks my head... :mad: