Bash

monkeysblood

born to cry
up yer bum droid! :p

it was a nice party vibe with a mixed up bunch of folk, who enjoyed it enough to sway and jump into the night. some top movers there actually :D

re: mary - who gives a shit?

re: mc's - i think seanie t was in effect there too.

as far as live elements go, i thought there was a certain amount of mixing going on - but don't the mc's bring the 'live' to the party? and wasn't there some kind of effects box in use during the evening?

anyway, it was top vibes (sorry i said that twice now) and just having the option to go have all the stresses of the week vibrated outta me via the PP sound system and good tunes, is a blessing.

a good judge of a night is that i didn't begrudge travelling nearly 2 hrs home :D

john eden

male pale and stale
Aw man, where you there? I didn't see you. Arse. [to monkeysblood]

I think the "live" elements referred to by grumpy knickers was the breezeblock session rather than last night.

Some people would prefer it if The Bug turned up with a whole fucking oompah band and that choir off the car advert rather than just played some great tunes.

Yeah it was a great crowd - no po-faced business.

Last edited:
D

droid

monkeysblood said:
up yer bum droid! :p

it was a nice party vibe with a mixed up bunch of folk, who enjoyed it enough to sway and jump into the night. some top movers there actually :D

re: mary - who gives a shit?

re: mc's - i think seanie t was in effect there too.

as far as live elements go, i thought there was a certain amount of mixing going on - but don't the mc's bring the 'live' to the party? and wasn't there some kind of effects box in use during the evening?

anyway, it was top vibes (sorry i said that twice now) and just having the option to go have all the stresses of the week vibrated outta me via the PP sound system and good tunes, is a blessing.

a good judge of a night is that i didn't begrudge travelling nearly 2 hrs home :D

LOL! Someones tetchy today... :p

Im sure the night was great - I like the ethos and open minded approach behind it.

Thought the radio show was swag, and just taking the piss out of the Bug because I noticed his setup when we played before him in Dublin a few years back and was surprised by it then...

BTW - the effects box he uses is the bottom of the range jah Disciples homemade version, and if using one = 'playing live', than Ive done a lot more 'live' sets than I thought! :D

matt b

Indexing all opinion
droid said:
taking the piss out of the Bug because I noticed his setup when we played before him in Dublin a few years back and was surprised by it then..

looks like a wicked set up- equipment all over the place, lots of wires in the way and a siren in pride of place. what more do you want!

re:mary anne- i don't dislike her, or care.

D

droid

matt b said:
looks like a wicked set up- equipment all over the place, lots of wires in the way and a siren in pride of place. what more do you want!

Double Choass Pad feedback + Effects Box + Ragga Vocals + Distorted instruments = Horrible noise (IMO) :D

(not to say i dont like a few of his tunes...)

minikomi

pu1.pu2.wav.noi
droid said:
Double Choass Pad feedback + Effects Box + Ragga Vocals + Distorted instruments = Horrible noise (IMO) :D

(not to say i dont like a few of his tunes...)

actually, now we're airing drawers . . . . not heard much apart from his first album but i didnt really get into it at all.

Grievous Angel

Beast of Burden
It was just a great, great night. Like John said on his blog, if I was going to organise a club night, it would be just like that. Really wish I could finish off the job by going to DMZ on Saturday but am at a birthday party in Watford.

Met loadsa dubstep people and they were all reeeeeeeeaaaaaallllyy nice.

Monkey blood, come over and introduce yourself next time -- we'e the tall fellas making loadsa noise and dancing lots. Fuck, I was soooo limbered up by the end -- I was dancing like a loon. Went back to John's walking on air.

john eden

male pale and stale
bash30thmarch.jpg

Be there. I will be.

http://www.bashsound.com

martin

----
Well, Woebot didn't show up cos he's into bondage now, apparently. Warrior Queen was fucking brilliant. Spent most of the time wondering 'Is this dubstep or digi-dub?'.

Poet for Hire

Yeah, Warrior Queen was worth waiting until the end for. I think there was only 2or 3 dubstep tunes played all night, at the end of Mala's set.