Where have the UFOs gone?

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Re: The above post. Given our data based on our explorations of the universe to date, the probability that there is a planet formed under the apparently extremely rare and complex conditions that formed our own, whose history proceeded in such a way - amongst the infinite possible ways it might - to not only produce intelligent life, but intelligent life that then proceeded - amongst the infinite possible ways it might - to develop technology sufficient to travel the incomprehensibly vast distances of space, such that they would discover our particular rare and peculiar planet, and discover there the existence of rare and peculiar intelligent life is so incredibly low, I'd say withholding assent is the most reasonable approach.

the_search.png

(slight case of Devil's avocado, but, y'know...)

Edit: and hundreds, maybe even thousands, [ha! "531" known as of 2/3/11 according to Wikipedia] of extra-solar planets have been discovered in only a couple of decades' serious search. Many, many more are going to turn up as the technology available to astronomers gets more and more sophisticated. I'm pretty sure some at least potentially Earth-like worlds have been discovered already as it is.

Edit edit: can't say I've got too much time for the 9/11-psy-ops-warfare conspiracy angle, though. Then again, I'm one of those poor brainwashed fools who still thinks Aids is caused by HIV. Baaa-aaa....

Last edited:

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
Oh I'm not saying that there aren't other lifeforms out there. I'm just saying it's not probable that they've contacted us based on the scant and weak evidence we have. That cartoon with the sheep and the dog is just silly though, because if sheep were able to communicate on that level, they'd be able to conclusively say a lot of shit about humans and dogs by now, given their uniform and direct experience of both. But they can't. Because they are sheep.

FairiesWearBoots

My best mate filmed this in Jan

he is not one for conspiracy theories or BS at all and is skeptical, so as its him, i trust what he says he saw

not a chinese lantern or a fire in the woods, he's looking straight up in the sky and he saw lots of these things

def a UFO, but still not sure what it is - there is an impressive level of detail when he zooms in with his camcorder

?

swears

preppy-kei
After some months of research, stemming from an initially mild fascination with the topic that was boosted, among other things, by this thread, I've become convinced of the reality of the UFO phenomenon. It seems to me, that an open-minded consideration of the plethora of data - tens or houndreds of thousand eye-witness accounts of UFO sightings by the general public, countless testimonies of highly credible and well-trained airline and military pilots reporting aircraft that can only be described as alien and non-terrestrial, declassified government files proving a strong and ongoing military interest in the phenomenon, etc. - must lead to the recognition that there have been non-human artefacts in our skies for decades or even centuries which cannot be accounted for within our current scientific paradigm and for which an extraterrestrial origin is the most plausible and rational explanation.

I was quite overwhelmed by the wealth of well-documented cases that, if you're really willing to look at them and disregard the urban myth stigma attached to them, turn out to be quite compelling evidence not only for an ET presence on earth but also for a massive government cover-up of this very fact. I guess by now most people will already have declared me a crackpot with an unhealthy penchant for weed and the X-Files, but I couldn't care less about the prejudices of an ignorant, dumbed down and mind-controlled public. How did Nietzsche say: "Madnesss is rare in individuals but in groups, parties, nations, and ages it is the rule." I've looked into the subject matter and there's no denying that there've been many incidents for which there is no "natural explanation" and which simply cannot explained in any conventional way. I mean, there's mass UFO sightings by entire villages, former US military personnel telling of UFOs disabling all the rockets at a nuclear weapon site (official documents confirm this), a whole history of radar sightings of unknown aerial craft in NATO airspace during the cold war, military pilots from all nations sent off to intercept those damn things who report of close encounters with objects that behaved in a way no man-made aircraft possibly could (impossible speeds, turns at right angles, instant acceleration), sonar recordings of underwater objects as big as an aircraft carrier moving at a couple of Machs, and the list goes on and on. These phenomena are real.

I've also come to the conclusion that what "theorists" and "critics" have labelled "post-modernity" is not, as they argue, some kind of final stage of cultural development resulting from the historical and technological constellations of modernity, i.e. some kind of fatality that has come over mankind, but rather a global psy ops operation of an unprecedented scale by the powers that be. Hyper-materialism, mass media stultification, dissemination of propaganda in peace time by means of PR and advertising - have you heard of Edward Bernays? -, implementation of biopolitical and eugenical measures, the blurring of the boundaries between the concepts of man and machine, the massification and stereotyping of culture and the overall homogenization of society are all part of a mind-control agenda, that is possibly entangled in some way or other with the cover-up of the UFO phenomenon.

One example for how our perception and consciousness are being forced to conform to the dictation of a censored consensus reality is the way in which the entertainment industry, especially Hollywood, has habitualised us to expect to encounter extraordinary and "larger-than-life" events only in the cinema. We are so used to the fictionalization of unlikely and unbelievable occurrences that, if we are actually witness to them in real life, we are speechless and the first thing that comes to our mind is to say that "this is like out of a movie" (a phrase which, by the way, was probably the single most uttered statement on September 11th). But actually it's the other way around, what's in the movies initially came from reality. Even if there are lots of movies that are purely fantastical expressions of human imagination, one should not be oblivious to the fact that cinema started as medium intented to represent reality. I often find it quite astonishing that we, as consumers of cinematic entertainment products, are perfectly capable of suspending our disbelief in order to uncritically immerse ourselves in scenarios whose irreality our rational mind is very much aware of. How does that work? And doesn't the ability of the human consciousness to take an illusion as a reality imply a kind of complementary ability or rather susceptibility to take a reality as an illusion?

It is precisely this latter human weakness which the engineers of post-modernity capitalise on: Evidence of the UFO phenomenon is widely available, it is undeniable that events have occurred that are so incredible and unusual and potentially world-shattering as to appear movie-like and the general public, being conditioned by their media consumption to regard such events as fictitious by nature, perceive actual facts and reports as mere pop culture items. Perfidious, but quite ingenious, isn't it? The most recent example of this kind of manipulation is upcoming blockbuster Sci-Fi alien invasion movie "Battle of Los Angeles" which is based on an actual UFO mass sighting in LA during WWII. A brightly, colourfully glowing orb appeared over the city, hovered around, was fired at by a massive array of anti-aircraft cannons, remained unscathed and abruptly vanished in a blink of an eye. There was quite a bit of collateral damage because of the AA projectiles, yet the military declared something along the lines of "there was nothing in the sky that night". Well, the techniques of desinformation have evolved, and rather than to outright deny and suppress unwanted information it has proven to be more effective to intermingle the actual with the fictitious so as to make the two indistinguishable.

Anyway, anyone interested in good introductions to the subject should watch the excellent 2001 documentary "Out of the Blue" by James Fox or the superb lecture "The Exopolitical Revolution" given by Stephen Bassett and then make up their own mind.

sheep-dog-trials-im-telling-you-the-man-and-the-do1.jpg

lol

nochexxx

harco pronting
this is worth watching if you would like to hear Desmond Leslie speak candidly about his remarkable relationship with George Adamski

lanugo

von Verfall erzittern
Well-made and thoughtful documentary on the possibly inter-dimensional nature of the UFO phenomenon:

Last edited:

lanugo

von Verfall erzittern
That was a really informative and non-biased account of this classic case without the usual underlying tone of sensationalising mockery by which most mainstream media documentaries recounting such stories capitalise on the fascination and mystery of their subject matter while simultaneously ridiculing and fictionalising it.

For me, a case like this establishes beyond any reasonable doubt the reality of the phenomenon. How is a skeptic going to "debunk" this? Is he going to suggest that what Godfrey encountered and the other policemen and witnesses saw, actually was - well, what? Ball lightning? Swamp gas? Mass hysteria? Come on.

What I find most striking about all these reports of abduction experiences is how much they resemble each other in their sequence of events and the psychological anomalies surrounding them. One might say that the identical features of these alleged occurrences come about due to the fact that the people reporting them are making them up and merely reproduce stereotypical urban myth type of stories drawn from their exposure to ET-obsessed popular culture. This is a fair argument but I would reject it on the basis that most abductees have been convincingly shown of having had no previous interest in the topic prior to their experience, so that beyond a faint aquantaince with the UFO meme they are likely to never even have heard of the abduction phenomenon, let alone the precise technicalities of it. Furthermore, these people have nothing to gain from going around telling made-up stories of ET encounters. If anything, people relating such experiences - especially policemen, I would image - risk losing their job and being stigmatised as nutters. It is because of the profound impact of what they witnessed that they come out and let others know of it.

slowtrain

That was a really informative and non-biased account of this classic case without the usual underlying tone of sensationalising mockery by which most mainstream media documentaries recounting such stories capitalise on the fascination and mystery of their subject matter while simultaneously ridiculing and fictionalising it.

For me, a case like this establishes beyond any reasonable doubt the reality of the phenomenon. How is a skeptic going to "debunk" this? Is he going to suggest that what Godfrey encountered and the other policemen and witnesses saw, actually was - well, what? Ball lightning? Swamp gas? Mass hysteria? Come on.

What I find most striking about all these reports of abduction experiences is how much they resemble each other in their sequence of events and the psychological anomalies surrounding them. One might say that the identical features of these alleged occurrences come about due to the fact that the people reporting them are making them up and merely reproduce stereotypical urban myth type of stories drawn from their exposure to ET-obsessed popular culture. This is a fair argument but I would reject it on the basis that most abductees have been convincingly shown of having had no previous interest in the topic prior to their experience, so that beyond a faint aquantaince with the UFO meme they are likely to never even have heard of the abduction phenomenon, let alone the precise technicalities of it. Furthermore, these people have nothing to gain from going around telling made-up stories of ET encounters. If anything, people relating such experiences - especially policemen, I would image - risk losing their job and being stigmatised as nutters. It is because of the profound impact of what they witnessed that they come out and let others know of it.

EDIT: Whoops, I thought you'd said 'there was a...' not 'that was' - will watch that doco tomorrow i think.

I find it fascinating how (it crops up with drugs a lot too - there've been reports of people on dxm being contacted by the same 'alien' with no knowledge of each others case) these things can crop up among people who wouldn't appear to have knowledge of them. Very interested in how that happens.

nochexxx

harco pronting

i hear you, occasionally however you chance upon something that's so fictionally exploitative and nonsensical, that's it's just a pleasure to watch. check out this doc. Grindhouse production values galore and some of the artists effects feels like Kenneth Anger's Lucifer Rising or something?

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I find it fascinating how (it crops up with drugs a lot too - there've been reports of people on dxm being contacted by the same 'alien' with no knowledge of each others case) these things can crop up among people who wouldn't appear to have knowledge of them. Very interested in how that happens.

Yeah, I think the whole archetypes thing is really interesting. Probably the best known one is the 'hag' - the hideous old woman that many people who suffer from night terrors imagine is sitting on their chest, preventing them from moving or even breathing in some cases. I guess she's the Kali/Sheela-na-Gig aspect of the 'succubus' (invented in turn to explain erotic/wet dreams, I guess). Some people think the alien abduction phenomenon is a technological society's evolution of hags/witches/demons coming and doing terrible things to people in their sleep...

On the drugs side, another apparently common kind of entity are the 'machine elves' people see when they take high doses of DMT (never had the chance myself, unfornutately, it sounds like pretty mind-blowing stuff) - I think Terrance McKenna coined the term. You have to take anything McKenna says with a grain of salt but he's come out with some interesting ideas all the same.

bruno

est malade
this may or may not interest viewers of this particular thread, and may be my first and last brush with anything unidentified that flies. first, the video (put together by my flatmate's friend):

what happened: my flatmate arrived home two nights ago extremely excited asking if i wanted to see a ufo. i said yes and followed him and his friend to an apartment on a 19th floor facing the andes. the location is portugal street near 10 de julio, technically downtown/middle of santiago and with a very clear view of the range. on arrival i saw my flatmate's friends still shaken by whatever it is they had seen.

from the balcony i saw the tail end of it: a series of lights high up the mountain range, either over, in front or on the andes. it was impossible to make out the countour of the mountain as the sky was very dark. as it turned out the lights appeared below the line, so this was either on or in front of the mountain. the location was fairly central with respect to the city and very high up, meaning very steep slopes and no possiblity of human presence directly on the mountain except for climbers. i would like to stress that there are never any lights there and i have lived in santiago for two decades, the only lights one sees are the stars above. the nearest ski slopes are in farellones, much further to the left, and are a static cluster of small lights that one can see on very clear nights from certain parts of santiago.

i saw one bright light, one faint light near it and another faint light further right with my naked eye. the lights are fairly small without a zoom, as you can see in the video. i took a carl zeiss 8x monocular with me and could clearly see an orange or red colour tinge to at least the brightest light. the movement of the lights was less spectacular but similar to what you see in the video, and much slower as the video is sped up 4x.

on the balcony beside me was a tripod with a camera my flatmate's friend had set up to film these lights. he told me that two hours earlier he had seen a flash coming from outside, he came out to the balcony and along with his friends (i believe five in all) saw the lights clearly. having the necessary equipment to film this properly, he set up the tripod and video camera and from what i understand filmed at least two memory cards worth of footage.

in the meantime they called a local tv channel and later the civil aeronautical bureau that oversees flights. on my arrival, the tv cameraman had set up his equipment and then filmed some of the footage captured by my flatmate's friend. i watched as he scanned the material (a lot of it) on a large tv, searching for the more interesting bits to show the reporter. as someone who is interested in the ufo phenomenon, i suggested what i would like to see as a viewer: no annoying music (done), as much raw video as possible at native quality uploaded to youtube (not done, instead the video is short/informative and at native res) and no voiceover (done). i suggested that he compare a daylight view of the same scene with the night footage to locate where the lights appeared, which he did as you can see in the video.

my flatmate and his friends saw at least five lights at great distance from each other in some cases and at different heights. my flatmate said one of the lights described a circular path and that clusters of lights coalesced into and came apart from what he called the mother light (the brightest light). some lights had a glow/reflection on what he thought was the mountain slope. i saw dimmer lights that seemed to be still, then move freely at a speed that would rule out people with torches or whatever. the mountain is very steep and not uniform, so a light would have to go from one place to another attached to something at the very least. the lights were also uniform and very bright in the case of the brightest light, at this distance i would have to assume the brightest light was fairly large.

i have no idea what i saw. it was too far away and i arrived at the end of it. but i did go home feeling strangely electrified.