Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Synth Recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by connect_icut View Post
    For those of you who are Monotron lovers, you're going to want to see this:

http://www.sequencer.de/blog/?p=9924

It seems almost like a Monotron groovebox.
    I keep looking at the monotron, and getting tempted.

And then looking at the monotribe, and getting tempted, and then thinking rationally about the monotribe (like why on earth would I pay extra for some crap sounding drums that I can't tweak the sound of and can't even send to external effects because presumably the whole thing isn't multi-out), and then thinking it's got a variable waveforms and an octave selector, and then remembering that it hasn't got any sort of filter envelope...

Either one plus a looper pedal or two plus some effects would be amazing, though.

Is there anything else in this sort of price range that has that much potential for making interesting sounds without the need for any further controllers?

Answer my own question: yes there is:
    http://matrixsynth.blogspot.com/2010...sequencer.html

Obv a sampler and not a synth, but in the interests of not starting a whole new thread: has anyone got an EMU sampler? They're now pretty inexpensive on ebay, so was considering getting one mainly for the zplane filters, which sound pretty fantastic. In reality, worth it or not?

Not sure if anyone here is interested in soft synths, but I'm currently pretty obsessed with what u-he's Zebra 2 can do. There's just so many possibilities, and this in particular is incredible:

I'm nowhere near that standard, but I'm enjoying slowly getting to grips with it.