Rolling Rugby Thread

craner

Beast of Burden
Ryan Jones recently got married, moved to the Gower and started surfing. I like this man. He's captain again. I feel confident.

craner

Beast of Burden
Yeah, but if it wasn't for the ref ignoring Dan Carter's high tackle it would have been an entirely different story.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
or Alun Wyn Jones not looking round quite so much - don't think he would've made it, but his hesitation gave him zero chance. Wales didn't create much y'day, to be fair. High tackle though, of course.

Amusing commentary:

Last edited:

luka

not when it comes to rugby im not. im a great deal less english than oliver at any rate.

scottdisco

rip this joint please
not when it comes to rugby im not. im a great deal less english than oliver at any rate.

i thought the Kiwi side of you would be out in this respect ;)

i have a really very English mate but he was born in Wales (brought up in Norfolk). he therefore supports the Welsh at rugby. he was the guy i went to Croke Park w the other year to see Wales clinch it.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
This is an advert for my own ignorance, but I only just discovered the history of Croke Park this past weekend (never taught any irish history at school... :eek: ) Now I fully understand the venom surrounding the Ireland-England match earlier this year (I was at an Irish pub abroad, and i don't think I've ever been in an atmosphere like it for a rugby game).

scottdisco

rip this joint please
This is an advert for my own ignorance, but I only just discovered the history of Croke Park this past weekend (never taught any irish history at school... :eek: ) Now I fully understand the venom surrounding the Ireland-England match earlier this year (I was at an Irish pub abroad, and i don't think I've ever been in an atmosphere like it for a rugby game).

agreed. this one and the Hull rugby league derby are the only rugger games i know of first-hand that have what can frankly be called a football atmosphere. (speaking as more of a footy than rugger man.)

craner

Beast of Burden

Well, we both have English fathers, at any rate. Or are you referring to my plummy Shrewsbury lilt vs. your street urchin cockney slang?

don_quixote

Trent End
i always wonder this - why do they always pick such crap camera angles to show conversions on the telly? you can never properly tell if it's gone over or not

scottdisco

rip this joint please
what a load of mediocrity from England, not as dispiriting as the second one day in the cricket in RSA of course *, but hey. Martin Johnson's grumpy after-match interview was priceless, that mad stare!

lovely Youtube here of a All Blacks tour game, where the four Kiwi nationals in the opposing Munster team do the haka at the start first (and the tries too)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

* Saj Mahmood serving it up on a plate, FFS

scottdisco

rip this joint please
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

scottdisco

rip this joint please
volume a little low on this embed, turn your bins up

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

scottdisco

rip this joint please

craner

Beast of Burden
Are Wales going backwards? Has Gatland gone soft? Blaming refs rather than his players? Ominous signs.