minimal d'n'b

Dr Awesome

Techsteppin'
i just downloaded the last podcast (layer 11), and the last half hour has all kinds of other stuff, like beach house and the strokes! do they always mix it up like that?

Yes.

Instra:Mental and dBridge do on their rinse shows too.

Alfons

Way of the future
i just downloaded the last podcast (layer 11), and the last half hour has all kinds of other stuff, like beach house and the strokes! do they always mix it up like that?

they usually start of and end with an influences section, with a mix of dnb/dubstep/bass stuff sat in between. The influences stuff is fram all over the place (and really good too mostly), but it's usually not so recent though. Layer 11 was pretty good imo, after a great start I felt they kind of went down a rut (and didn't like the fabric cd very much either), but 11 sounded fresh somehow.

Leo

i'd like to DL a few more of their podcasts, any recommendations on which "layers" i should choose?

Dr Awesome

Techsteppin'
i'd like to DL a few more of their podcasts, any recommendations on which "layers" i should choose?

Dunno, all the TL's are available - bit hard to recommend.

Anyway,

RA's current Podcast is ASC. Looks pretty awesome.
But the real news is dBridge's new thang: Mosaic - Volume 1.

The compilation will see release as a four-vinyl package and double-CD at the end of January, preceded by two 12-inch samplers, the first of which hits stores in early December.

Tracklist
CD 1
01. Scuba - In_2
02. Stray - Pushed
03. Distance - Fading
04. dBridge - Forgot What I Needed to Forget
05. Synkro - Open Arms
06. dBridge - Rendezvous
07. Dan Harbanham - Nu Este Roze
08. dBridge - Decayed
09. Consequence - Splinter
10. ASC - Modular Concepts
11. Croms - Invisible Cities

CD 2
01. Commix - City Section
02. Indigo - Time
03. Mode - Stepping Stones
04. Instra:mental - Scene 3
05. Skeptical - Another World
06. Skream - Motorway
07. Genotype - Further Searching
08. Code 3 - Chasm
09. Abstract Elements - Essence of Time
10. System - Observation Point
11. Loxy & Resound - Vertigo

Exit will release Mosaic - Volume 1 on January 31st, 2011. The two sampler 12-inches will come out on December 13th and January 17th.

Ooh, and you can stream one of the dBridge tunes here:
<object width="200" height="175"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="200" height="175"></embed></object>

Last edited: