rubberdingyrapids

LOL

Luka's accusations of Burial/post-Burial stuff being essentially indie sans geetars was pretty on point in some ways. I can imagine the same people who would have been forming indie bands in sixth form/uni five years ago now making post-dubsteppy stuff on their computer now instead...

Notthattheresanythingwrongwiththat! I was a teenage libertines fan :eek:

i made those accusations actually.

and i still like the libertines also. :p

datwun

I would kind of be proof of that - indie kid who grew up listening to IDM and electronica, but got into dance music in a big way around 2009 via Burial.

Seem to remember an interview with Pariah where he mentioned Burial getting him into dance music as well as the influence of Godspeed You! Black Emperor on his music...

So yeah, the Burial/indie connection's definitely a thing. Much as he might hate that :D

Last edited:

Slothrop

Tight but Polite
I'd say post-rock rather than indie - I mean, Joy O isn't quite the new Kaiser Chiefs or anything.

Although actually for overarching generalizations, I quite liked the suggestion (Reynolds?) that it's kind of like IDM without most of the stuff that was wrong with IDM.

rubberdingyrapids

i thought the first ital album on planet mu was a bit dull but the new one, despite sounding seriously kuedo influenced, is a lot better, if not very original (though that strangely makes me like it even more). also heard some of the new starkey which i liked but seemed a bit on the bombastic side and also never quite gelling together how id like it to.

datwun

Heard Big Room Tech House DJ Tool - Tip! On a proper giant system on Saturday.

Yeah, obviously it's banging. Was anything else coming out of the London scene in the last six months or so half as massive?