Nah the only time I talk to myself is when I'm masturbating & looking in a mirror. I know who he is, it's a bit sad really but whatever.

"Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr."

Does Redinho count in this stuff by the way? Because "Edge Off" is amazing.

On a non-numbers thing, Alpha EP by Intreau is out this month and it's amazing as well.

muser

lol @ Roska, he seems to think half the world is biting his beats from what I can tell. I like the idea of copywriting rhythms though, by now all music would effectivley have to be randomly generated noise.

alex

Do not read this.
slackk you should post up 'Pub Crawl' it's a f*cking belter, sick tune.

Last edited:

gumdrops

i cant seem to leave this thread alone (though i think i will now). its like some sick attraction. but it does seem to just be going round in a circle of:

"it's shit!"
"no it isn't!"
[slightly polite house tune]
"it's shit!"
"no it isn't!"
[slightly polite house tune]

which prob isnt very worthwhile. (lol though). im gonna check some of the recommendations out though, anyway.

stephenk

love that lv album! in a year where half-assed vocals seem to be ruining everything for me - morphosis, falty dl, hyetal albums - this joshua guy is really charismatic and funny and generally makes it. this is going to be a heavy summer jam for me, i know it already.

alex

Do not read this.
yea the LV album has been on heavy rotation for me, and I completely agree about the vocals. Northern Line, Talk Talk, I know and Tough are my favourites, but all of them I would play in the rave to be honest.

It gels together brilliantly and sounds coherant as one peice too, feels naughty to just mix one track in. Their sample placement is so on point too.

stephenk

yeah i realize i'm in the minority on all of those lps but i can't get past that wispiness, even if there are only a few vocal tracks on each. my other qualm with the hyetal is how the first five tracks or so are on that bombastic prince kick, and then in the second half he brings out some nice variations - "dime piece", "boneyard"...i like "phoenix" but i got sick of the others pretty quickly. so maybe it's mostly sequencing. and that mumbling vocalist.

+ agree about coherence on lv, it does feel like a true statement

Last edited:

bandshell

Grand High Witch
Looking forward to hearing the LV album. Enjoyed the preview mix. 'Northern Line' is great.

I see what you're saying about the Hyetal album. I've only been listening it since yesterday so my opinion might change with time.

I found it really refreshing. I was expecting some cheesy, over-produced, 80's influenced dubstep but was pleasantly surprised. Lovely textures and melodies throughout. The vocals aren't the greatest but I think they work.

'Ritual', 'Phoenix', 'Beach Scene', 'The Chase' and 'Transmission' are the strongest tracks by far. The others I'm not too fussed about.