denoir

I loved the FaltyDL 12'' on Swamp...Mean Streets Part 1 in particular

not really feeling the current Instra:mental/Boddika sound, way too retro...used to rate them for their d'n'b output which started off that Autonomic movement and still stands out between all the tasteful bandwagon jumper crap...would have expected them to come up with something more original than generic throwback electro hybrid...

Last edited:

Ory

warp drive
<object width="480" height="390"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="390" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

this one gets it right. love how the vocal starts getting all warped. and that bass!!!

out next week.

Last edited:

joe.dfx

who knows...
i want the vip!

: (

re: boddika/jon convex/instra:mental going techno/electro.

it's still better then Scuba putting out tech-house records! =P

:cool:

all teasing aside, i think it's healthy that they put out what they want to. i think their productions are solid and they feel "authentic" to me, at least. i don't feel like their trying to jump on a bandwagon or anything like that. i like that it's probably getting a lot of people (myself included) to maybe go back and dig a little deeper into 130bpm stuff that might have been missed while being sucked into the "Nuum" for the last 15+ years.

being from minneapolis, it's really, really hard to diferentiate (sp?) yourself if you want to play house or techno, but playing stuff by these guys which most of the detroit/berlin techno crowd aren't aware of is really nice imo. when i play sets of stuff like this around lots of the bigger djs from here they always want to know what i'm dropping and that's a good sign if you ask me.

Aww Nein

Wild Palms
<object width="480" height="390"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="390" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

this one gets it right. love how the vocal starts getting all warped. and that bass!!!

out next week.

saw him play this out at electrowerks last night, was definitly the highlight, better then Gatekeepers light show and dry ice thats for sure...