luka

Scuba has a beard. Cosmin TRG has a beard. Kode9 has a beard. Brackles has a beard.

this is exactly the point gumdrops was making. he was relating the rise of the bearded producer with the decline in music.

gumdrops

the only ones that dont have beards are the ones like ramadanman who look about 12 so cant grow any facial hair even if they wanted but deep down they blatantly want beards too.

spiritually, they are bearded producers.

im going to start a blog so i can investigate this in more depth.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I remember on a DNB forum I used to post on the term used to slag off nerdy/'deep' DNB by fans of Clipz et al was 'Beardstep'.

Last night on BBC4 I saw a program about sea shanties and there were some amazing beards/tashes in it, I personally would be curious/semi-happy to see the return of the mustache to mainstream white face status. Also, top hats and canes.

STALLEY.png

I quite like that Blawan tune but the Brandy sample gets on my tits for reasons I cannot explain. The drums are certainly a lot more chugging on that one than on his other tunes ('Bohla'). They remind me of the drums on Luka-fave producer Burial's ''Raver'' (perhaps its the woodblock?). I certainly would have never accused Blawan of being rhythmically inept, actually he sticks out for me in the post-dubstep pack by virtue of his drums/rhythmic sense. I suppose on 'Bringing Me Down' he's going for a kind of Ostgut Ton meets RNB sound, a combination that was never going to please everyone, particularly RNB fans...

JESUS, I have a horrible feeling of de ja vu now. I believe I made the exact same 'argument' before on here and someone said ''I DO like Berlin techno as well as JLS but this is just a poor replication of it... blardeblardeblar''.

This thread is becoming more self referential than the very music it has been built to describe.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Would be interesting to know how many Dissensians have beards, actually.

I've got one at the moment, I basically grow one every week cos I can't be fucked to shave and then I shave it all off again. It ends up looking a bit too scruffy but when there's no hair at all my face is a bleak featureless landscape on which a figure from an Edward Hopper painting might alight to drink their lives away.

luka

most people myslf included spend their whole lives saying th same things over and over again. this intensifies as you age.

luka

we can ressurect the beard thread, but id rather derail this one cos its so boring and predictable. particulalry when i entere it. my beard grows all over my face, no cut out bits but it is much stronger in the beard/mo areas than the cheeks. i get a lot of compliments on it. women in late middle age are the most enthusaistic. sometims they stroke it without my permission.

gumdrops

usually i shave twice a week but this week for instance its prob 1 and a half/2 weeks since i last did it so theres quite a bit of growth. i really hate shaving tho. and i look better with facial hair than not. and women, even the ones who say they dont like beards, are into it.

not everyone can carry off facial hair. i am lucky however in that i can. ramandanman however cannot (just keeping the thread on track).

luka

women find them irresistable and it makes men respect you. also it give you an insight into what its like to be a girl. cos girls are always staring at each othr sizing each othr up and when you got a beard you cant help looking at other peoples like, 'ha, what a shit beard' and then you feel a bit better about yourself.
also a properly manly beard affords you a respect from other men that you dont gete without it. people defer to you. it gives an impression of solomonic wisdom. a gravitas which is becoming in a man.

tom lea

the only ones that dont have beards are the ones like ramadanman who look about 12 so cant grow any facial hair even if they wanted
that was what i was sayin.

a lot of the ppl discussed/bitched about in this thread are as clean-shaven as a human could possibly be.

bandshell

Grand High Witch
Does a beard affect the way one makes music?

I suppose if you scratch your beard at a time when, had you been clean shaven, you would be playing your keyboard etc you might end up making something different to what you would have done had you been clean shaven.

alex

Do not read this.
Not gonna lie, when I see a massive beard, I automatically (fairly or not) think “tramp”.

It is definitely does not equate to masculinity, although nor does bumfluff chin.

Also the sort of women who are attracted to santa face get airpie. Fucking lady tramps

Last edited: