Alfons

Way of the future
Sully lp is big and the mix too, really enjoyed it. Is the vinyl version really only on one 12" plate, 10 tracks? Maybe the digital version would be better if you want to play stuff out?

gumdrops

sullys album is seriously seriously good. ties together a lot of the things ive liked recently, but without ever making it seem token or forced - a bit of juke, a bit of anti g, even some stuff thats a bit like kuedo. and really good bass. i said it ages ago so prob repeating myself (AGAIN) but i think he does 2 step revivalism better than anyone. prob just cos he gets it closer to proper 2 step than the dubstep guys.

Roshman

aGcSn.jpg

Admittedly that might be an extreme example but looking at Hyperdub, Deep Medi and Butterz releases, none of them are this "quiet".

I'm not really complaining, just an observation. Great release none the less.

Last edited:

Roshman

you should never have to turn down the volume in a set

why don't you just turn the track up in Serato?!

When security has pulled the plug on the 6k rig shaking the back of a small pub to its foundations for the third time in the night, and the system owner is crapping it because he's worried his speakers are getting dashed down from power cuts, you do as your told.

When security has pulled the plug on the 6k rig shaking the back of a small pub to its foundations for the third time in the night, and the system owner is crapping it because he's worried his speakers are getting dashed down from power cuts, you do as your told.

Well this is definitely a good reason; I thought you meant that you had to turn it down because the Damu track was too quiet like.

trilliam

not feeling that blawan ting, what you do with what you have..my problem is alot of this new stuff coming out seems so..pastiche.

gremino

Moster Sirphine
this is nothing to do with Roshman's situation, but i find it frustrating when ppl can't be arsed to put volume down in dj-mixer (to give headroom for quieter tracks) and increase the soundsystem's volume. a simple solution to play loud without going red.

Damu's release are good direction against loudness war.

sgn

Nice bit from Martyn off the new album, on that Mega Drive Generation kind of vibe. Love it.

Really liking it. Not getting a Mega Drive Generation (which is probably my favourite Martyn tune) vibe from it personally, but still like it quite a bit. The beatless version of Viper is the track that's got me most excited for the album.