mephedrone

craner

Beast of Burden
Who knows anything about propranolol? I've got to start taking this shit, and just reading about the side effects terrifies me.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
The average age of smack junkies in holland changed from something like 21 to mid 40s when it got legalised iirc.

Heroin is legal in Holland now???

I'm sure you mean "available on prescription to registered addicts" - there's a pretty big difference between that and being able to walk into a 'head shop' and buy it (or order it online a la plant food).

Edit: I think there are still a (very) few addicts with smack prescriptions in the UK, just a couple of hundred maybe.

Last edited:

grizzleb

Heroin is legal in Holland now???

I'm sure you mean "available on prescription to registered addicts" - there's a pretty big difference between that and being able to walk into a 'head shop' and buy it (or order it online a la plant food).

Edit: I think there are still a (very) few addicts with smack prescriptions in the UK, just a couple of hundred maybe.
I'm not too up on it at the moment, so apologies if I got my facts mixed up. The point about being different from being able to buy it off the net ala mephedrone/plant food is central to what I'm saying - if you regulate these things and monitor this is different to being able to buy something online with no controls etc. I'm not recommending a free for all where a kilo of smack can be delivered first class by royal mail...

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Er, and has just died.

You cold, Tea.

Yeah, fair enough.

Well I wasn't talking about those parents in particular, just parents in general who get their 'information' on stuff like this from tabloid newspapers (not that the broadsheets are necessarily a good source of unbiased, accurate information either).

I guess it's basically unreasonable to expect a recently bereaved parent to be able to take an objective view of anything associated with their kid's death, which is all the more reason not to parade them all over the media when the government's trying to make policy - of course, it makes good copy, so it always happens.

bassbeyondreason

Chtonic Fatigue Syndrome
Who knows anything about propranolol? I've got to start taking this shit, and just reading about the side effects terrifies me.

I can only speak from my experience, but all I got (had it for anxiety) was a slowed heart rate and occassionally a dry mouth. I'm sure nomad will be along to tell you about reading side-effects lists.

massrock

Were you referring to that line about acid (not sure if it was Terrence McKenna who said it...)?

"LSD is a psychedelic drug which occasionally cases psychotic behaviour in people who have NOT taken it."

massrock

That's what I thought but I had a quick goog and there doesn't seem to be consensus.

I like the Steven Wright one here -

"If God dropped acid, would He see people?"

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Were you referring to that line about acid (not sure if it was Terrence McKenna who said it...)?

"LSD is a psychedelic drug which occasionally cases psychotic behaviour in people who have NOT taken it."

No, I'd not heard that one - good quote though!

continuum

smugpolice
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
<EMBED src= width=425 height=344 type=application/x-shockwave-flash allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always"></EMBED>

There's something pretty fcuked about being told not to take drugs by anthropomorphic nunchuck-weilding turtle.

Edit: ha, these days I'm sure the Turtles' pizza obsession would be seen as encouraging obesity. Also you've got to love the cherubic pre-teen drug dealer. It was exactly like that at my middle school.

Last edited:
I never knew drugs were so prevalent in the primary schools in middle class suburbia, without the turtles to save the day white americans of the 90's would be truly fucked.

I've never understood the mainstream belief that teenagers ('the kids') are by far and away the demographic most likely to indulge in drug taking, drinking and sex. What a load of bollocks.

Well at least they're over 18, it makes it more plausible. I blame the paedophiles, the labour party have pandered to minority interest groups like them and look where it's bloody got us. The country would be in safe hands if it was ran by the editor of the daily mail. Old enoch was right...

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Well at least they're over 18, it makes it more plausible. I blame the paedophiles, the labour party have pandered to minority interest groups like them and look where it's bloody got us. The country would be in safe hands if it was ran by the editor of the daily mail. Old enoch was right...

I've coined the term 'Enochulation' for the process of gradually getting more right-wing as one gets older... :cool: