wot childrens books still haunt your imagination

catalog

yes antifa and edl = same personality types no doubt. i know someone who did a load of research for an ob doc on it (extreme left one never happened) and they said it was uncanny how similar the people were when you went to their homes

Woebot

so you mean hauntology is no different/same sort of continuum to 'paranoid' etc, ie its the same sort of current of thought?

hauntology is a generation being "haunted" by the media messaging we were exposed to by deviant hippies who infiltritated the BBC etc

there was a political component to that - the dream of the welfare state etc

but by and large the politics (and the crowleian stuff) was a subset of the infiltration into the west of the ideas of eastern philosophy (especially through the agency of LSD). of psychoanalysis - especially jungian thought.

luka

That's what I decided too. Not just Jung but also eg Schopenhaur into Nietzsche into everything else

catalog

so much of it goes back to jung - all those psychometric tests that so many companies use, they are all the jungian archetypes. high victoriana running our OSs in the next century ffs

luka

Jung is brilliant obviously. Nowadays you're supposed to go, oh no, Jung is a Nazi, never speak of him but it's still great stuff. Massive influence on the still trendy Deleuze and Guattari. Maybe they will get cancelled too soon.

catalog

i'm deeply suspicious of jung cos i know a guy who was into him and everything went back to him and it did my head in. but obviously i've never read him myself. im not arsed about the nazi thing, that's obviously a red herring. i did really like that red notebook book of his drawings when i flicked through.

luka

Your energy is particular scatty today catalog you're all over the place. What's going on? Can you do some breathing exercises or something? Centre yourself?

luka

it seems problematic yes. It looks like running away from something. The thing to do is stop running and drill down.

luka

I'll make another cup of coffee and you can talk to me here instead of annoying everyone by leaving trivial facetious comments under every single thread

woops

is not like other people
no the whole ghosts thing - just like the UFO thing - is a psychic event - just as the heavenly sentiments of the rock scene were a psychic event. both psychotic/manic aspects of it were differently prismatised reflections of the same "etheric" drift OUT away from the ground.

something like black sabbath's "paranoid" is essentially just the same as something blissfull like "strawberry fields forever" - the bliss/distresss axis is one axis and the etheric/integral axis is another.
best dissensus post for weeks