Ban Airplanes

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
This could go in PBIDMHI, but I thought I'd put it here since it's appropriate.

Yesterday I lost my hat going through security at Stansted (it was 6am and I'd been on a coach since 1, allow it) so when I realized I was missing it I went back to the x-ray machines and asked if anyone had seen it. One young woman was quite helpful but the following also occurred, which wasn't:

me: I think I lost my hat while I came through here earlier, could you have a look for me?
stupid security bitch: have you checked in your bag?
me: it's definitely not in my bag, can you please have a look for me?
SSB: but have you checked?
me: ...

Because I might have stuffed a fedora into already bulging backpack that doesn't have room left for a baseball cap, let alone a broad-rimmed hat, and then forgotten I'd done it. Obviously.

(happy ending because I later rang them and it's in lost property, so phew)

Last edited:

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Yesterday I lost my hat going through security at Stansted (it was 6am and I'd been on a coach since 1, allow it)

daftest thing i ever did was to leave my passport in one of those black trays for valuables at the x-ray machines :eek: thankfully i was just about awake enough to hear the tannoy message five minutes later... would probably have forgotten my shoes that day if i'd had to put them through.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Oof! I guess you'd have realized you didn't have it on you when you got the gate, even if you hadn't remembered yourself - you'd still have been OK. Unless, like me, you always relax with a pint in the departure lounge before going to the gate at the last possible minute, in which case you'd have been fucked...

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Can't drink before flying, I'd throw up. Totally sober, and totally hapless. I think I was enjoying listening to the (then new) Blueprint too much.

D

droid

If ryanair get to buy aer lingus Ill never be able to leave the country again. :(

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Can't drink before flying, I'd throw up.

Oh, that's a shame. When I'm heading back from a weekend with my girlfriend in Oxford or mates in London I always console myself with a pint of something nice in the Wetherspoon's at Stansted. They sell so much of the bloody stuff it's always lovely and fresh.