Hip Hop '11

FairiesWearBoots

@ Slackk

is it just on 'hulkshare'? - do you have to DL the software to get the DL?

really want to hear it but cant be arsed with even more useless software on my PC

smokeyrobinson

gonna sit down to fog2 tonight, looking forward to it

dreadin the diddy feature obvz.

been listening to clipse - we got it for cheap vol. 1 + 2 a lot this week, good vibes... and sik mixtape cover for #1

The_Clipse_We_Got_it_4_Cheap_vol_1-front-large.jpg

CrowleyHead

I'm of the impression it's a contract obligation.

The Drake sound is supposed to be so based in it's musical quality, at least the 1st LP was. And while these themes are there, the songs themselves are not quite fitting that vibe as nicely.

I bet Drake hasn't gotten royalties from the 1st record, because, it's still FUCKING CASH MONEY, WORST LABEL EVER, and him and 40 are just fulfilling obligations until they can sign to Universal directly and have a ball.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
slackkk I remember ages ago you asking about good Boosie tapes. I stumbled across this one today, its great:

Lil_Boosie_Lil_Boosie_The_Hood_Champ-front-large.jpg

smokeyrobinson

New PUSHA T is pretty good. Is legit part II of the first one, could've been the same mixtape. Reuse some tunes too... was sik hearing the old clipse beat on the second half. Enjoyed it.

L.E.P. BOGUS BOYS is comedy. Couldn't make it the whole way through in one listen but it's got a nice hard vibe.

FREDDIE GIBB just aint my cup of tea just now, packed in the mixtape quite early.

ASAP ROCKY is cool. I def file it under 'made by the beat', whereas guys like ELZHI could rap over a hat hat snare and still shread.

ACTION BRONSON album was novel at first - he sounds kinda like ghost, but so does ghost... deleted.

Just donwloaded Danny Brown XXX to give it a second chance.
And I wanna go back to Joe Budden's newest Mood Music cos I remember it being a da.