Go on then.. who's the best UK MC?

luka

you cant enter the conversation until you listen to this in full
and spend a year studying 80s soundclashes on youtube

luka

dissensus hates ghetto but anyone that can do this cant be ignored
watching chipmonk stand up for himself and taking it to another level is inspiring too

the playlist cant properly address this question cos the records sound shit, really polite, compared to de ja vu recordings and soundclash tapes

Last edited:

droid

you cant enter the conversation until you listen to this in full
and spend a year studying 80s soundclashes on youtube

Seriously Luka? Youre trying to school me on soundclash by sending me to sessions I've had since before YT existed?

Im outraged etc.

luka

the correct, boring answer is dizzee during the times when he was still going on pirate radio though.

hucks

Your Message Here
MC Conrad

Ha was just about to say that. I was well into Bukem in 1994/5 and have tonnes of tapes and mixes which musically still just about stand up (IMO etc, tho even I can't take Bukem from around 1997 onwards) but Conrad is so hard to listen to now. That weird mid Atlantic thing he had going on.

luka

lol it was too obvious, nice try though.

droid youre opinion is mental and ignores speccy navigator, flinty badman and deman rocker, det, 5-0,remadee, shabba d and stevie hyper d. gq is not even top division, strictly lower ranks,a game, semi-pro grafter

Last edited:

luka

at the time my favourite was navigator and i dont see any need to revise that opinion.

luka

Lol, alright I'll give you that one. Can you compile a list of 12 essential 80s UK dancehall clashes and give links to audio pls I'm teying to fill gaps in my education. Can you hand in your homework before Saturday pls

luka

I posted a link to that in this thread earlier today
So not including that, as wonderful as it is