• Grant Nelson/Bump N Flex

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • DEA Project

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • MJ Cole

Votes: 2 4.0%

• Total voters

Benny Bunter

This is a good point and not that there is anything wrong with the ghost stuff but I nearly prefer the other half of his stuff at this stage.

Fully agree. The ghost stuff has been done to death since that Roots of Dubstep comp. Don't get me wrong I like that stuff too, but my fave El-b things are still Groove Chronicles, and tracks like 'Moving up', they seem funkier to me.

edit: Telefunkin remix! Thats the one. But its hard to know how much of that is down to Noodles though, not just El-B.

Last edited:

Benny Bunter

This ones so damn uplifting & cheesy :D:D:D:D

Great, but I actually prefer the Wideboys versions of this. The dub version has some of the most amazing drum programming ever. Thats not on youtube unfortunately, but the vocal version they did is and thats great too.

Somebody vote for the Wideboys!

Benny Bunter

A few names I probably should have included in the 'also-ran' list.

Shanks and Bigfoot/Doolally
Ray hurley
M-Dubs
TJ Cases

I have a lot of affection for some of the lighter, fluffier producers like Shanks n Bigfoot and Artful Dodger.

SHIT! Just realised I missed a biggie. R.I.P. productions/Double 99! They probably should have made the shortlist, but I'm not sure who they'd dislodge.

Sectionfive

bandwagon house
Somebody vote for the Wideboys!

!!!

Thing is, you can't even decide between 4/4 and 2step in the first place, let alone the rest.
Couldn't pick a favourite Gurley tune tbh.

Industry Standard should be in here to I think, so many great tunes.

wise

bare BARE BONES
Yeah the Wideboys mixes of Singalong are great as well, i'll get that dub mix up on youtube.

Funny how none of that El-B stuff made the cut for the Roots of El-B comp........

Sectionfive

bandwagon house
Just after thinking of all the social circles/hotpoint stuff too :eek:

Maybe Active Minds should take it for making Hobson's Choice and leave it at that.

Benny Bunter

Industry Standard should be in here to I think, so many great tunes.

Ah yes, just checked these lot out on discogs and see that DJ Deller was in them. AKA D.C. Sensation who made beasts like this:

I've said this before, but you really need to hear most of these type of tunes pitched up, the youtubes always sound so painfully slow to me.

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
Argh, this is bloody hard!
Been listening to loads of Chris Mack lately but that's because it's only been in the last while that I've fully cottoned on to him. As for overall greatest UKG producer, hmmm, I'm erring towards Zed Bias but nah, going to have to stop and think about it some more before making final choice.

wise

bare BARE BONES
inbox clear now Benny

didn't realise this was from '96!

but it's got to be this one for me

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
i had to go dem 2 who im sure will end up winning. im the opposite of corpsey. all my mates were into garage in 96 but i thought it was boring and didnt really properely love it till 2 step times. i usd to try and like it but it was beyond me bar a few of the massive hits. the rosie gaines and so on....

I'm a bit of a sucker for fairly bland vocal uk funky, for example, which is I suppose quite boring but I like sentimental melodies and chords, and you get a lot of them in Masters at Work and the stuff that was influenced by that from the UK. You get it in 2-step too, of course, but there's something so joyous about 4x4 garage - Tuff Jam, Todd Edwards etc.

Like I said I'm probably completely wrong about my own opinions, this often happens lol Quite surprised Tuff Jam only got my vote :'-(

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Definitely. Point me in its direction though, some track names etc. would be much appreciated.

BTW if Todd Edwards was allowed in this thread would he be somewhere near the top?

wise

bare BARE BONES
Definitely. Point me in its direction though, some track names etc. would be much appreciated.

BTW if Todd Edwards was allowed in this thread would he be somewhere near the top?

Todd's great in small doses but he's a bit one dimensional to me
I'll get back to you with that list

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Too much Todd in a row I find too much, agreed, but so many tunes of his can be put on individually or come in in a mix and put a huge smile on my face.