Jackin' / Electroline

wise

bare BARE BONES
The tune that comes in around the 40 minute mark:

presuming you mean the one at 44 mins ish just after I Still Love You (which I absolutely hate, I would walk off a dancefloor if someone played that tune)
The other one's great though, really interesting banger, big things from Jackin this year I think

datwun

this has some gems on it, that R Kelly refix is a lot.

Yeah it's banging innit! The R Kelly one's Bump N Grind - Waze & Odyssey, which you can get for free here:
http://wazeodyssey.com/
Any others you rate? I've got quite a bit of the tracklist!

presuming you mean the one at 44 mins ish just after I Still Love You (which I absolutely hate, I would walk off a dancefloor if someone played that tune)
The other one's great though, really interesting banger, big things from Jackin this year I think

Aha, nope. I never used to rate I Still Love You either, I found the vocal quite a turn off, but honestly - forgetting about the tune, and hearing it (or the VIP) 'blind' in the club - the drop was insane, a real moment.

But agree with everything else, it just keeps getting better!

ALSO
Danger incoming from Certified Jackin:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QbLKjAqIUi9aoxjQQOG7H04kL73Cx5s83ClykA7V8ko/edit

Last edited:

wise

bare BARE BONES
can someone reup that free tune please i'm not on Twitter :(

I really liked the epic slowed down Say My Name vocal near the end of that Hannah Wants, can you ID that Datwun?

datwun

can someone reup that free tune please i'm not on Twitter :(

I really liked the epic slowed down Say My Name vocal near the end of that Hannah Wants, can you ID that Datwun?

Yeah, I'll send space it in a bit.
Though if you google Bump N Grind - Waze & Odyssey, there are two soundcloud links, and one links to the tweet to download, and the other links to an 'enter your email to download'.
EDIT: here y'are http://emailunlock.com/wazeandodyssey/garage-ale-bump-n-grind-waze-1

Yeah, that one's lovely! That's the Cyril Hahn Remix:

On quite a different flex, but also featuring massively pitched down Destiny's Child vocals:
http://www.bigtunesmp3.co.uk/tunes/been-a-long-time-by-louis-bailey/

wise

bare BARE BONES
In other off topic news Q said if I made him an instrumental mix of that 2 step tune he'd 100% play it in his sets.................

NATO

crazy talk

Agreed. Love that tune, not feeling the VIP though. The tune after it in that Hannah Wants mix is quite something though. Bit of a mind-bender that one.

Wise the drums on your tune are sublime, look forward to hearing the full version of that. Big look on the DJ Q stuff as well.

Datwun, hopefully I can come back from China for a visit in the summer, would be bang up to heading to brum or something for a jackin' night out. Maybe we could make it a forum meet up? The day after we could all go to Starbucks and have discussions on Dissensus using our ipads.

datwun

Agreed. Love that tune, not feeling the VIP though.

Nononono incorrect.

Datwun, hopefully I can come back from China for a visit in the summer, would be bang up to heading to brum or something for a jackin' night out. Maybe we could make it a forum meet up? The day after we could all go to Starbucks and have discussions on Dissensus using our ipads.

Ah would love to G, but I'm moving to Japan in March!! #dissensusgoesAsian
Do you have any plans to visit Japan from China? Come smash it up in Tokyo!?!

Definitely do the dissensus Brum trip though and let me know how it goes. People who are there know that 2:31 in 2013 is like Hacienda in '89 or DMZ in '06. Real talk!!!

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I was gonna go to the Rinse thing up in Brum with Brackles, I was ill though :( He said it went off there, especially jackin' tunes.

Was listening to the Ill Phil mix today - and although I'm not AMAZED by it, I prefer it so much to most of the dance mixes I've been listening to lately in attempt to reconnect to electronic music. Most of the stuff I have downloaded is straight house/techno and I find it so dry - I basically need a vocal to perk me up otherwise its just loops that I occasionally warm to but generally lose interest in very quickly.

Obviously jackin' is 'just' house/garage but its so much more ballsy and (to use a dissensus cliche) rude - its just utilitarian rave music, big basslines, vocals incorporated without the need to pitch-down and up and drag out and make melanchooly (that sort of half embarassed nod to RNB that you get in 'post-dubstep' tunes or should that be 'post Burial')... Yeah the beats aren't as exciting as funky that's for sure but I don't think 'interesting' is what its going for really (I don't really think funky was going for that either)... Yeah, this is something I feel about 'deep' house and techno, that its really attempting to be 'interesting'. Perhaps I'm wrong, perhaps its harder to imagine it in a dancefloor context, is all - but jackin' is so just so blatantly club-orientated, and it makes me bop involuntarily like I'm in a club.

Like I said, I didn't think the mix was amazing it just stands in contrast to everything else in dance music I've heard lately. And it's the only dance music I've heard that makes me want to a) rave b) DJ c) make tunes.

NATO

Do you have any plans to visit Japan from China? Come smash it up in Tokyo!?!
I'd love to, expensive tho! Could be doable though. Only been to Tokyo once but it was close to the best two weeks of my life so def up for a trip back.

That Ill Phil Insomnia remix is great - why weren't there more tunes like this on his certified mix? I found that enjoyable but pretty tame.

wise

bare BARE BONES
&g=bb">&g=bb" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="100%%"> ">
this one's not bad but it's no mind blower, still yet to hear a really good jackin mix

Last edited: