Jackin' / Electroline

Benny Bunter

^ good work. Shame it has to be subjected to the Cif morons but thats par for the course I suppose.

Any chance of seeing the uncut Lorenzo interview at some point?

datwun

Thanks G!

I'm pretty happy with it! At Loz's request I had to cut a rather impolitic section detailing the extent and types of drug use, which he probably rightly concluded would draw too much police attention. The sub-editors also cut this little line, which was one of my favorite things I saw:

Though the crowd is dressy and there were plenty of people getting off, overall the vibe at 2:31 is silly, not sleazy. Rather than any unsolicited grinding, the only mating ritual I saw all night was when I saw a muscle man miming an exaggerated bench-press to a girl watching with arms-crossed, an arched eyebrow and a playful half-smile.

Otherwise yeah, feels good to FINALLY have it out there! It seems right that jackin should get at least some sort of mainstream affirmation at it's peak, hardcore through grime had all those amazing Reynolds Wire articles about them, and there was absolutely loads of music press coverage and blogging about dubstep, bassline and funky.

wise

bare BARE BONES
We'll done mate! A great read, you realise you may now, be responsible for Jacklin going overground though.... :mad::D

Plus one for the Lorenzo transcript

datwun

We'll done mate! A great read, you realise you may now, be responsible for Jacklin going overground though.... :mad::D

Plus one for the Lorenzo transcript

Lol judging by the comments on the article it looks doubtful!

The interview never recorded properly! Lots of the info wound its way into the article, but there no transcript... If you have any questions though I probably asked and can remeber the basic answers off the top of my head though...

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Great article, made me want to check out 2:31, exactly the kind of vibes I'm looking for on a night out but rarely/never find in London.

Those Cif commenters seem spectacularly joyless. Funny that the only one who doesn't cites XOYO as particularly unfriendly, whereas in my experience it's one of the friendlier ones :/ Which tells its own story.

datwun

If anyone feels like hopping onto the comment section and talking about how great jackin/ the article is, I certainly won't stop you ;)

Big up ya chest baboon2004! Hop on a train one of these weekends, grab a curry at curry mile and then head over to the Rainbow, you won't regret it!

wise

bare BARE BONES
Join us in the great Dissensus 2:31 outing Baboon!

dates still to be finalised.................

NATO

Nice article Datwun, I just waded into the comments thread for a bit of solidarity. Made a typo though, ffs.

NATO

Oh and I'll be looking to go to 02.31 on 29th of June, if anyone is about hit me up. No other weekends free on my 4weeks back.