Jackin' / Electroline

datwun

Big up everyone jumping into the fray!

The article got a shout on 02:31's Rinse show! As did the Brick Lane beigel shop lol.

-------

I like this tune but I'm not sure if I should (could be a motto for jackin really)
http://www.bigtunesmp3.co.uk/#/tunes/you-got-me-boy-bigtunes-exclusive-by-nail-ya-dry/#

This bumpy number's now a free download!

Also, if you like this then you should put a ring on it (and click the like button on soundcloud), he'll give it away if it gets 500 likes!

wise

bare BARE BONES
&g=bb">&g=bb" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="100%%"> ">
maybe this should be in House & Bass or UK Funky???

Jackin DJs seem to be playing Mak & Pasteman anyway so here you go

Last edited:

Benny Bunter

Haven't heard it but its worth noting the presence of 'Alex Parkinson & Chris Lorenzo - What Must I Prove' on the new Kode 9 Rinse CD.

This new one by Lorenzo and Hannah Wants is killer

wise

bare BARE BONES
Haven't heard it but its worth noting the presence of 'Alex Parkinson & Chris Lorenzo - What Must I Prove' on the new Kode 9 Rinse CD.

It's VERY pitched up.

Champion & Terror Danjah played Dappy on a guest mix on Shox show on Rinse and another tune with big Jackin House pianos that I haven't id'ed yet

Last edited:

NATO

I love the fact that Hannah Wants tunes completely defy her selection, which at times can be a little too polite for my tastes. My main concern at this point is that Jackin' gets absorbed by the DirtyBird mainstream machine and becomes just another form of slickly produced fairly bassy house. Having listened to the latest Ill Phil mix I am hugely disappointed and quite dispirited. I listened twice: the first time I thought it was utterly dull and quite boring, unfortunately my second listen only solidified that opinion. There are few anthems on there and few of the weird, catchy, unique tunes that will get stuck in my head. I've listened to a few Jackin' mixes this week and I've been finding them incredibly patchy. Wise I'm kinda surprised you were disappointed by the Matthew craig mix and so njoyed the Ill Phil mix, to my mind the MC mix is packed with a massively superior amount of character and unique flavour compared to the Ill Phil mix, which I kinda feel could be any old bassy house mix.

Glad to see some cross-pollination on the Champion/T-D show, that's the kind of dialogue that could ensure Jackin' doesn't get too civilised. Jackin' producers if you're reading: Keep it rough, keep it warped, keep it weird, keep it ravey, keep it cheeky, I beg ya.

NATO

Alright alright alright, I admit it: I was wrong about the Ill Phil mix.

Just gave it my 3rd listen today and came at it with a better mindset. Got some banging tunes in it (I'm especially loving off that Sunshine Anderson remix that's doing the rounds at the moment) and there are a couple of anthems too.

continuum

smugpolice
Nick Hannam and Tom Zanetti are in South Africa at the moment. Someone over there has clocked what is going on and is bringing some of the Jackin' stars out there imo. Lorenzo was on a trip there not long ago and now these two. There's a funny clip of NH dancing on South African national TV if you can find it. They've also just posted up the following clip of them playing at Gloom after party:

wise

bare BARE BONES
Alright alright alright, I admit it: I was wrong about the Ill Phil mix.

Just gave it my 3rd listen today and came at it with a better mindset. Got some banging tunes in it (I'm especially loving off that Sunshine Anderson remix that's doing the rounds at the moment) and there are a couple of anthems too.

:D

what's that Renegade Master remix though? I need to know!

continuum

smugpolice
02.31 continues it's Saturday night Sunday morning after-party utilising the Rainbow venues amazing spaces putting on a whole host of parties keeping you dancing till the Sun comes up.

02.31am-6.30am

JUNE 2013 -

JUNE 8TH (Cellar - Rainbow Pub)
Tom Shorterz
Pete Graham
Alex Parkin

JUNE 15th (Launch of NEW Rainbow Garden)
KANE (Cause & Affect)
Danny Jones
Andy Bell
+ SURPRISE SPECIAL GUEST

JUNE 22nd (Rainbow Garden)
Tom Shorterz
Donkie Punch
Joe Hunt

JUNE 29th (Rainbow Garden)
Chris Causenaffect Lorenzo
Tom Shorterz
Chris K

Door Price - £7 nus / £8 Pass / £10 Standard

NATO

Lorenzo and Shorterz on the 29th, not gonna sniff at that.

Yeah Wise that Renegade Master remix is great, jump-up jungly bassline on that one. No idea who it's by though, there was another tune on my SC stream with that sample but can't remember who did it and it also was nowhere near as good.

This tune is a proper banger, love the harmonics on the bassline and after the second drop it goes just the right amount of loopy.

Last edited:
That Renegade Master refix is indeed great, it's by Friend Within who I think are signed to Dirtybird and Hypercolour.

wise

bare BARE BONES
Thanks mate!

I'm going to the Black Butter party on Saturday, mainly to see EZ, Woz & Gorgon City but interested to hear what Justin Martin's like, not really feeling his tunes.

Any one else catch gorgon city on roskas show? Pretty good

This post should probably be in the house & bass thread, oh well

Last edited: