hucks

Your Message Here
Sorry I can't make this now. Nearly died playing football in the heat this afternoon. Need a lie down.

Slothrop

Tight but Polite
Fecking cunts - good to know that my tax money is being sensibly spent preventing us being swamped by hordes of afro-pop DJs swarming in by way of Germany... :mad:

Didn't make it to Harringay in the end, but a reschedule would be great...

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Let's reschedule! The four of us who were there can then tut under our breaths, and go on about how much better the earlier meetings were.

Last edited:

hucks

Your Message Here
Let's reschedule! The four of us who were there can then tut under our breaths, and go on about how much better the earlier meetings were.

And how the later meetings are too knowing and just copy elements of the earlier ones, not really capturing their essence

grizzleb

Spent the weekend absolutely out of it on blues in brighton so that's why I wasn't about. Will be up for the reschedule.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
And how the later meetings are too knowing and just copy elements of the earlier ones, not really capturing their essence

...or just mutate into a hauntological reimagining of the earlier meetings as they never really were, complete with faux-analogue crackle and nostalgic ravey synth stabs.

PeteUM

It's all grist
...or just mutate into a hauntological reimagining of the earlier meetings as they never really were, complete with faux-analogue crackle and nostalgic ravey synth stabs.

I think I've made a start on the hautological reimagining, as I was quite comprehensively pissed by the end and I was a bit blurry to start with. Seem to remember eating the kebab as though I was at a bus stop and not sitting in a restaurant. Glad I went though.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Why do you say that?
Anyway, it was this bit I was particularly thinking of

Consequently, artists arriving with a musical instrument, a camera or a paintbrush are often asked to show a work visa or risk being treated as criminals.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Yeah yeah yeah, I get that, and fully agree with the main gist of the argument. It's just that several of them are, uh, 'known to the police', aren't they? So UKBA might have reasons for taking an interest in them that are not just for the sake of hassling touring performers.

Slothrop

Tight but Polite
Yeah yeah yeah, I get that, and fully agree with the main gist of the argument. It's just that several of them are, uh, 'known to the police', aren't they? So UKBA might have reasons for taking an interest in them that are not just for the sake of hassling touring performers.
Although if they're operating a points-based system, you'd think that being the body dropper, the heartbeat stopper, child educator plus head amputator would count for something.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Yes, it was great to meet you too, Slim (sorry, disgracefully tardy response there).

Although if they're operating a points-based system, you'd think that being the body dropper, the heartbeat stopper, child educator plus head amputator would count for something.

Well there's not many people here that can do all that, so you've got a point. The idea of the Wu-Tang Clan complaining of being treated "like the Taliban" is quite amusing, though - if anything I'd have thought they'd appreciated the comparison.

petergunn

plywood violin
border police somehow didn't believe me when i said "vacation", and decided to do a check on me. and a quick web search turned up the flyers for last night and tonight. so without a work visa, and having "lied" to them, i was detained over night, and sent back to berlin this morning.

i believe "gutted" is the right expression?

if anyone reads this can you ring up the others who were planning on coming that you know who might not check dissensus before tonight?

was so looking forward to meeting up with all of you tomorrow as well.. fuck.

this seems like a more and more common occurance, i hear alot of stories of people getting hassled at the Canadian/US border as well... can i ask, how did they know you were DJ Zhao and not some other Zhao?