Bassline producers experiments.. (UKB? Post-Bassline?)

gumdrops

i love this stuff

bassline might be more fun than funky right now

def more fun than post-dubstep

funny how bassline hasnt really been picked up by the eclectic producers

when i hear certain champion tracks i just think hes been listening to bassline

but equally it cd come from old grime or even early dubstep/dark garage

hard to say

jgmusiq

stop posting reload fm them disgraces, never have the decency to ask for a beat etc, they jus rip them off soundcloud and loop them, then cuss man wen they just been spittin on their track!

jgmusiq

then their manager tried cussin me an shit for no reason lol them guys are fools, they think they are famous or something

Littlefoot

true about this being a lot more fun than post dubstep stuff, people got a little too into making tunes to make people on forums go "wow that's really interesting man" and forget that you have to make a big dark room full of people move their bodies to the music without thinking about it.

A lot of this stuff is completely forward thinking and sits far apart from "traditional music" whereas a lot of dubstep guys are looking back, some to great effect, but also a lot of music is being created which is only fresh because people havn't heard enough old music..

Although a lot of this stuff is cheesey, the context its in is completely bonkers and makes me wanna dance like a monkey.

outraygeous

i love this stuff

but equally it cd come from old grime or even early dubstep/dark garage

I think this is why I like it over the standard 4x4 pattern of bassline.

I think if the drum patterns are generally the same in each tune there isnt much variation but these new tunes are good. The 2step/hiphop esq drum patterns just give it a better groove

Littlefoot

I'm going to be doing a podcast mix of UKB/weird laser music/skippyness/new grime type vibes which will be mostly exclusives and dubs of vocal tracks etc mentioned in here, can't wait to get it done and share it with everyone in this thread :D

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
This thread prob doesn't need another 'Hey this stuff is great, thanks for sharing' type post but yeah, this stuff is great, thanks to everyone posting links to things. :D
Reckon I need to start listening to DJ Q on 1xtra more often.