maxi

we were saying a big difference between NYC and london is that the people who want to have fun are somehow more in charge, unlike the NIMBYs who rule london with our 11pm closing times and harsh public noise laws. it's much more vibrant and lively and there's more music and life in the streets

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
You could fly a Plissken hand-glider off it no worries fuckin yanks no imagination why not just designate an entire city, like Tallahassee

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
To be fair, the US system of privatisation of prisons boggles the mind

Biases everywhere but to make profit the kicker too? Uncle Sam extends a heavy heavy price

IdleRich

IdleRich
pretty standard fare.

london has definitely successfully elimated fun. we've all internalised the no fun rule too. i havent heard anyone playing loud music from a car in over ten years for example.
Fucking loads of that today in Hackney, London Fields etc I wanted to shout Turn It Down in fact...

IdleRich

IdleRich
We had some Vietnamese food, two starters, two mains, two cokes... bill came out as £93. I couldn't believe it, checked it, turned out the bitch had added it up completely wrong, it came to £48 but for ages she refused to accept it.

IdleRich

IdleRich
But Broadway Market, the canal etc is so busy now, just mad. When I lived there it wasn't like that and then it started to change and that was exciting, I liked it... but this is the logical end point I guess. I wish I could have frozen it when it reached exactly how I wanted it, but it doesn't work like that.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Yeah, when I lived there was so much more mixed... still, no point in complaining when I spent so many years (internally) cheering on the process. Kinda weird to admit that the people who moaned about it from the start - people I laughed at as old, bitter and out of touch - might have had something of a point.