salute tottenham

crackerjack

You're not telling me that the clean-up wouldn't have taken place much the same regardless without these people out, smugly assuring themselves that they're 'good people'. I mean, fair enough, donate 90 minutes of your time to a good cause, whatever, but don't expect me to lick your bumhole as a result. Doing good shit for people should be regarded as banal and quotidian, not an earth-shattering, once in a blue moon event that occurs only after anarchy invades the cloistered seclusion of your living room, via TV.

I wasn't aware anyone was asking you to lick anything. And i'll bet you good money most of those people came a lot closer than a tv screen - or maybe you think the Big Society gurus were bussing them in from the shires?

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
I wasn't aware anyone was asking you to lick anything. And i'll bet you good money most of those people came a lot closer than a tv screen - orp maybe you think the Big Society gurus were bussing them in from the shires?

Yes, they came a lot closer to poor people than they do intheir everyday lives. How awful for them. There's a video on youtube showing a mob of claphamites chanting 'scum' as a fourteen year old kid is detained by police. How brave!

Mind you, i'm sure a quick read of the times will set me right on this ;-)

you

Love it. :) It's great how much of the anti-rioter rhetoric can be directed at the people at the very top of the social pile, too - I like the symmetry - "living off the State", "supported by taxpayers", "always on the scrounge", "no respect for those around them", "think they're above the law", "give nothing back to society"...

...yeah, and don't even get me started on how responsible Prince Harry's parents ought to be for his behaviour over the years.... we all pay for their humble abode..

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
You're not telling me that the clean-up wouldn't have taken place much the same regardless without these people out, smugly assuring themselves that they're 'good people'.

The S-word gets bandied about an awful lot these days. Did anyone go around with a smugometer to measure the average smugness levels of the crowd? Bear in mind the huge political capital that has been made out of the clean-up operation, just as with the riots themselves. All this quasi-jingoistic crap about the "Blitz spirit" has, as far as I can tell, for the most been laid on by Boris & co and the Tory papers. One could just as well complain about the smugness of people who are excited about the riots and dismissive of the clearer-uppers while safely ensconced in areas where no rioting happened.

For all you know, many of the people in that photo might be Guardian readers who sympathise deeply with the people who rioted, at least in terms of the conditions they live in. You almost seem to be implying that they pre-emptively deserved to have their businesses smashed up and looted because of the (shock, horror) middle-class 'smugness' they were bound to exude in the subsequent clean-up.

crackerjack

The S-word gets bandied about an awful lot these days. Did anyone go around with a smugometer to measure the average smugness levels of the crowd? Bear in mind the huge political capital that has been made out of the clean-up operation, just as with the riots themselves. All this quasi-jingoistic crap about the "Blitz spirit" has, as far as I can tell, for the most been laid on by Boris & co and the Tory papers. One could just as well complain about the smugness of people who are excited about the riots and dismissive of the clearer-uppers while safely ensconced in areas where no rioting happened.

For all you know, many of the people in that photo might be Guardian readers who sympathise deeply with the people who rioted, at least in terms of the conditions they live in. You almost seem to be implying that they pre-emptively deserved to have their businesses smashed up and looted because of the (shock, horror) middle-class 'smugness' they were bound to exude in the subsequent clean-up.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

It's amazing how many here who'd travel to the ends of the earth to empathise with people who fuck shit up see that empathy just evaporate when it comes to the people whose shit has been fucked up.

Last edited:

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I'm not overly sympathetic to those being sent down, but have to say this is insane.

Perhaps the judge thinks she's be a better role model to her kids behind bars.

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereve...six-months-for-wearing-pair-of-looted-shorts-

That's appalling. It's not like she commissioned the other woman to go out and nick stuff on her behalf, is it? And I bet loads of people who did far worse things are going to get of completely, either due to lack of evidence or insufficient court resources to try them. Fucksake, if you have to 'make an example of' someone, at least do it to someone who's actually done something serious.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
utter scum

I really, really, really, really, really hope that poor cunt's parents are the kind of Daily Mail-reading shitsacks who signed this retarded e-petition.

Which makes me think of something darkly humorous with regard to that august organ:

The Daily Mail said:
ISLAMIC COURTS "INTRODUCING SHARI'A LAW BY STEALTH"

The Daily Mail said:
JOIN OUR CAMPAIGN FOR THIEVES TO BE SOUNDLY FLOGGED, THEN HAVE THEIR RIGHT HAND CUT OFF WITH A SWORD

Last edited:

you

did you mean to post the same link?

yeah, I've tried clicking through both links and I really can't tell which one has more reactionary, bigoted or down right racist content - really can't tell them apart at all actually.

crackerjack

Just read this ended in 3,000 arrests. Can any of the Dalstonites here confirm/deny this?

I mean, obviously the 3,000 figure can't be right - not enough space to hold them at the moment – but even divided by 10 it would be astonishing. Anyone?

Last edited:

you

doesn't that mean 3000 people marched, more people than the number of people arrested for the riots - but there was no media coverage at all of the march...

crackerjack

doesn't that mean 3000 people marched, more people than the number of people arrested for the riots - but there was no media coverage at all of the march...

Er, yes. Serves me right for not having the attention span to read the whole tweet properly :eek:.

Anyway, Starkey remix anyone?

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/q4GaKCBMNs4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

fucking fuck. why don't embeds work more than half the time anymore?