craner

Beast of Burden
Crowley, more questions.

1) What is the story behind True Master being arrested for sexual assault in 2011?

2) Is it true that U-God got the hump over the production on Golden Arms: Redemption?

3) Are Hell Razah's solo albums any good?

CrowleyHead

Honestly couldn't give you an answer to the three questions.

I will say that yeah, if you look around, you see Jim Jarmusch and obviously Tarantino all throwing money at Rza for useless little projects. He's very good at finding who will support him like that.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
Ghost Dog is OK... It's doesn't hold up that well for me anymore. But Rza's scoring has always been rather "..... :/ *snigger*"

hahaha do you think so? I watched it again (again, again) recently and was surprised at how good it is. I like - no, love - the fact that RZA's tracks on that really sound like he phoned them in. It's the loooosest film soundtrack ever, and I love that about it.

But yeah, know what you mean. The Tarantino stuff isn't good, he's not very good when he thinks he should cater to a specific type/genre.

craner

Beast of Burden
The bit when 'From Then 'Till Now' comes on is the best part of the film. Other than that, an aimless lo-fi thing. Quite liked the score, though.

sadmanbarty

i just googled a couple and neither had nelly, so there's a glaring ommision in the rap canon. he began the rap of the 21st century.

sadmanbarty

wayne needs to be taken down a peg or two i think. on the other hand 'lolipop' deserved a big 10th anniversary write-up in pitchfork and couple of paragraphs under 'legacy' on the wikipedia page.

CrowleyHead

flockaveli's a tough one. really zeitgeist defining at the time, but feels completely unimportant in retrospect.

Flockavelli is about as equally important as Lil Jon's production streak was, which given how both got thoroughly erased in relevance once completed feels tragic.