The United Militarized Police States

craner

Beast of Burden
Well, it was a little bit more complictaed than that, but I don't want to bore everybody with the details.

luka

all right employed sales clerk whats the diffeerence? the quality of information you are able to access is no different to what droid or me can access.

luka

thats a deeply worrying response. im troubled. i dont like it. can you say something rude please. its a double act.

luka

you know zhao i wouldnt admit this to anyone else on dissensus but often i really do think they are preparing for something. my tendency is to think of it being a sudden enviromental meltdown or a peak oil thing or soemthing but i guess it could actually just be cos they like fascism.

i come up with a new one, more paranoid sinister one, better one. usually if you are the West you dont need anything crude like troops on the ground., we're well behaved subjects. we do as we're told, so it looks like they expecting something going make us rowdy. what could that be? well ill tell you. they are introducing a new law that will encounter massive resistance. the law is designed to address overpopulation. there will be a lottery. every second male will be castrated. th rich will bride their way out of it, shortening the odds for the rest of us.

bruno

est malade
that's all.
thank you. i don't have the time or inclination to address your points, my life is upside down, but one last comment. in my (admittedly simplistic) view, human nature doesn't change very much, when we become 'something else' we only mask what we are. some of these masks are very respectable in that they cover up our bad traits, see diplomacy, manners, and some not so much in that they magnify our faults, see ultranationalism, xenophobia, etc. what they tell us is that at heart we are irrational and fallible. we tend to favour those near to us, we are emotional, we don't think everything through, we are easily deceived and easily led to the wrong conclusions. i do think the boat can be steered in a different direction, you are doing that every day in your own way, but i don't believe you can redress these faults in a permanent way. i would like nothing more than a universal basic income, the banishment of the arms trade, a federal solution in palestine, etc., but this is all too reasonable. having said this, i admire your idealism, there is nothing wrong with it (as long as you don't kill anyone).

lanugo

von Verfall erzittern
RT: Indefinite detention bill passes in Senate

Exactly 220 years to the date after the Bill of Rights was ratified, the US Senate today voted 86 to 13 in favor of the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2012, allowing the indefinite detention and torture of Americans.

Speaking before the Senate this afternoon, Sen. Lindsey Graham (Rep-SC) told his colleagues, “I hope you believe America is part of the battlefield.” The United States is at war, he insisted, and anyone alleged to be in opposition to the US government’s game will now be subjected to military-style detention indefinitely.

As RT reported earlier, one provision in NDAA FY2012 will allow for the reinstatement of “enhanced interrogation techniques,” essentially making waterboarding and forms of psychological torture a very possible reality for anyone America deems to be a threat, including its own citizens who, prior to the ruling, had the US Constitution on their side.

luka

“If we have a soldier who engages in sodomy with an animal – whether a government animal or a non-government animal – is it, in fact, a chargeable offense under the Uniform Code? I think that’s in question,”

“If we have a soldier who engages in sodomy with an animal – whether a government animal or a non-government animal – is it, in fact, a chargeable offense under the Uniform Code? I think that’s in question,”

luka

luka

i got it now.
scary thing about drones and robocops is that they cant turn against the rulers. they cant take the peoples side. thats a terminator future.

D

droid

i got it now.
scary thing about drones and robocops is that they cant turn against the rulers. they cant take the peoples side. thats a terminator future.

Unless of course they get hacked. They found a virus in one of the drone control centres a while back didnt they?

luka

iran claimed plausibly to hav hacked that drone and taken it over. that is true. but i was being bleak and pessimistic.