version

I liked the way he used to sample really odd things, like that Collateral clip I just posted. It's a throwaway piece of dialogue, but he manages to pull something out of it. The same goes for the shell casings from MGS, people doing vocal covers on YouTube, the behind the scenes clip from Bullet Boy. They aren't obvious samples at all. Nobody else would have thought to use them.

shakahislop

this one i remember listening for the first time in 2006 when i got it from the library looking out the window of my shit houseshare looking into the distant lights over the valley in moulsecoomb. this one is of the run of tunes which he did which are all vulnerability and smallness

rubysay

I can't imagine hearing him for the first time now and it having the same impact it did in the 2000s, even the early stuff. It sounds much less striking and impressive to me than it once did, although it's hard to tell whether that's down to me, him or the time barrier.
Listening to burial as a teenager is one of the defining experiences of a teenager's life in music. I'm pretty sure it's something that people keep experiencing, again and again and again. that was 2014 for me, when i was 14, and i'm sure it's the experience of 14 year olds today.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
there are breaks in the köln records but usually they are placed on top of the 4-4, proper 91-92 ardkore style.

This is another fantastic one from that mob, sludge acid dub masterpiece.

and the king of them all

Literally sounds like lsd.

shakahislop

this one is part of the same strand. except here there's this very unmacho sentiment shoved up against these macho click-clocking drums. one thing that there's no room for in the 'nuum stuff is being hurt, the magic with burial is that he buries these kinds of emotions in these slightly off aggro beats and fuzz and crackle etc

version

Drums on this one

That one was supposed to come out as a single with 'Feral Witchchild' but it never materialised. You can still see the announcement at the bottom of his interview on the old Hyperdub blog:

Watch out for "Stairwell"/"Feral Witchchild" on Hyperdub in February 2008.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
Listening to burial as a teenager is one of the defining experiences of a teenager's life in music. I'm pretty sure it's something that people keep experiencing, again and again and again. that was 2014 for me, when i was 14, and i'm sure it's the experience of 14 year olds today.

Zizek was right about this

Many people believe that-even some of my friends. But surprisingly never in my life did I take drugs-not even soft drugs. Its not that I am a moralist or anything. Many people around me take drugs. May be it’s my disciplinarily-terrorist attitude. May be if you take drugs, then you get soft, then the enemy can attack you easily

Of course, I know how to take drugs without letting the enemy get to me.