Amerie "1 Thing"

BareBones

wheezy
probably mentioned earlier in the thread somewhere but there's a wicked clipse version of 1 Thing on one of their free mixtapes.

benjybars

village elder.
can we please get this thread moving again???

mainly cos i can't stop listening to Lumidee - Uh Oh

and this - (Beyonce - Get Me Bodied)

that beyonce one is a couple of years old now but so, so good! video is QUALITY.

basically anything with female r&b vocals and and a riddim built around human clapping is a massive fucking winner in my book..

so what's good & new in this area? must be some good stuff... i haven't had cable (so no music channels) for the last 3 years.. makes it so much harder to keep up to date.

p.s - Wise, excellent call on the Green Light video - pure sex!

what's Kelis saying these days?

Last edited:

cobretti

[-] :: [-] ~ [-] :: [-]
Kelis is having a massive go at PETA these days

Edit: "If u want to preach do it about something worthwhile don't waste my time trying to save the dang chipmunk."

Nice to know she hasn't completely lost the plot yet.

article-0-08137C0F000005DC-141_224x620.jpg

Oops, spoke to soon.

petergunn

plywood violin
I couldn't get past the first paragraph of Kelis' letter, but Meth speaks truth.

should have kept going... you'd get a look into the mind of someone who needs 55 thou a month in child support:

I eat meat, and in fact my mouth salivates as I type the word meat! And the paint throwing that's just ridiculous! What if I was hurling Loubitons and Pierre Hardy's at every sad poorly dressed person on the street? As right as I may be it’s just fanatical and crazy. And people have the right to feel as they please. What about art? Survival of the fittest. Natural selection? No let's just let all the rodents run free and over take our cities. Oh wait they have, NY and LA in particular are infested! Why don't u save them all from scavenging on the streets and ruining my evening strolls, take them home. Make them pets! Get off my back! Pun intended!

gumdrops

i still hate 1 thing. just a horrible gimmicky squeaky irritating faux-hysterical 'im just so infatuated' vocal (but then i dont even like crazy in love so....). though that ossie remix luka posted made me a bit more sympathetic to it.

i think my fave amerie moments are still:
and

i saw her at a club once. shes tiny.

BareBones

wheezy
this is my personal fav amerie tune

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

but you can't deny the power of one thing.
theo parrish played a crazy remix of one thing at pp on saturday, had a cool walking bassline and a weird pitch-bending guitar and a kind of constant wailing vocal in the background, anyone know what that is??

gumdrops

xpost, not in essex, no, it was some west end club years back, when her first album had just come out. i dont remember the clubs name. just that she was v petite.