wise

bare BARE BONES
Paranoid Resistance - The Tunnel is edging on deep tech, would sit well in one of Majesty's sets

vvvwwwv

<iframe width="100%" height="150" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src=""></iframe>
essential. 'tik tok' is a banger

Has this stuff crossed over much to the 'mainstream' side of Dance music? Carnao's 'Just Say Nothing' is the kind of thing I can see a few millionaire DJ's play to great applause in Ibeeeeeffa. 'Bringing 88 Back' seems like it could be a Pete Tong tune of the week, after all the early productions of Paul Woolford were pretty dark. And if the big tunes like this aren't getting the attention of the premier league of dance music do youse lot have theories why it's not happening.

trilliam

Has this stuff crossed over much to the 'mainstream' side of Dance music? Carnao's 'Just Say Nothing' is the kind of thing I can see a few millionaire DJ's play to great applause in Ibeeeeeffa. 'Bringing 88 Back' seems like it could be a Pete Tong tune of the week, after all the early productions of Paul Woolford were pretty dark. And if the big tunes like this aren't getting the attention of the premier league of dance music do youse lot have theories why it's not happening.

good question

Last edited:

benw

good question

its not as far as i know.

simple answer:
complicated answer: i think the 'euro crew' are happy to rep when its doing what is perceived as 'london stuff' e.g. hyph mungo dropped by sasha, ramadanman - ricardo villalobos, bax - move d.

but london aping europe (not saying this is what 'deep tech does but it may be how it is perceived) is of no interest to them.

trilliam

its not as far as i know.

simple answer:
complicated answer: i think the 'euro crew' are happy to rep when its doing what is perceived as 'london stuff' e.g. hyph mungo dropped by sasha, ramadanman - ricardo villalobos, bax - move d.

but london aping europe (not saying this is what 'deep tech does but it may be how it is perceived) is of no interest to them.

pete tong is a british dj

doesnt he have a radio show on our airwaves thats plays at least some uk dance music

or mary anne hobbs, she may've fallen off but im sure shes still devoted to pushing fresh underground sounds right

boiler room have gone international but they still keep their finger on the pulse back home, arent they right next door to coronet which hosts a small event every now and then by that audiowhore whats on ra and all them flyers

amine edge were featured in the metro who remixed carnao beats who played at audio rehabs party in ministry of sound to a credible crowd and zero coverage

maybe when keysound recordings get there we'll see stories about this new exciting sound packing out clubs and getting the capital moving again ja or

can you provide me a simple answer for why in london this london thing is not getting any london hype or have i gone a bit further than you know ?

NATO

Re: RS4, I find his tunes too flat (on headphones at least) there's a lack of depth in his production that leaves me a bit cold. I don't doubt this is deliberate, but just not to my taste.

That Cause & Affect tune is boring.

Listening to the new Strange Static show now >>>

NATO

Ah fuck, the tune at 10mins on that Aaron Vybe set is totally MY shit.

The tune after that as well - hype! This has got my attention.

Last edited:

datwun

Re: RS4, I find his tunes too flat (on headphones at least) there's a lack of depth in his production that leaves me a bit cold. I don't doubt this is deliberate, but just not to my taste.

Lol dude, this is like the actual opposite of the case :S His tunes have way way more depth than everything else in the scene (I'm not even saying depth is the most important thing, I love cheap Fruity Loops music, one note basslines, tinny drums etc) but yeah, flat is literally the last thing in the world I would describe RS4's productions as. Listen to the ways the bass sounds unfold, the detail in the drums, chords and melodies and everything. It's exciting cause he's a very very accomplished producer, with what, 15 year production experience to him, but he's absolutely killing in a new style. Doesn't happen very often, and is super exciting when it does.

re: the lack of mainstream interest, I'm afraid I can't think of a reason, more just some more examples of it. I know nobody takes them seriously anyway, but Fact's top 50 or 100 or whatever it was tracks lists for 2012 and 2013 didn't have a single jackin or deep tech track in them respectively. It's like "hardcore continuum" music, or even just black UK dance music has been pinned down to just mean "grime" which, apart from UK student bass shite, is the only UK stuff those publications cover now.

Essentially I think it's just because music journalism has become a social media job like all moderately well paid jobs in the capital and people can't be fucked to go to a club and do some scene reporting.

On the mainstream DJ side of things I really can't explain it at all. It's not like there's anything better going on out there...

NATO

It's the drums. They often lack life for me, sound too clinical. Which is to say they're expertly produced, but not to my taste. Too much forward presence.

datwun

Lol, must be a taste thing because forward presence is exactly what I love in drums, the percussion in that In The Dark tune, but basically everything about it, is just perfect for me

NATO

Well that's what I'm saying; it's a personal taste thing. Everything is just a little too contained, too controlled for me.

All that said, I do like his stuff.

wise

bare BARE BONES
I like RS4 but I do get what NATO's saying, i've been really getting into Paul Robinson lately, though I still can't shake the Neighbours association everytime I read his name :mad:

tv-comebacks-sephendenis-29.jpg

some more sets

Siesta - Majesty

&g=bb">&g=bb" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="100%%"> ">
Pandora - Lance Morgan & Arun Verone

Audiowhore weekender - Tainted Souls

Ellie Cocks

it's shaping up to be a solid deep tech day on my stereo :D

Last edited:

trilliam

Literally came in here to post them sets nice 1. Listening to verones its his best in a minute. Selection and energy r on point. Adam cotier done a three hour show on rinse yday, on their site and soundcloud.

Last edited: