Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Hah! I was just thinking how self loathing I must be not to even attempt at refuting luka's description of me as a loser.

I think it pays to be as humble as possible sometimes esp. when you're a scene "outsider" like me. (This is also the case with my writing about rap music.)

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
BTW I thought trilliams article was perfectly well written. Knowledge counts more than showiness really, and forcefulness of opinion.

Benny Bunter

I think it pays to be as humble as possible sometimes esp. when you're a scene "outsider" like me. (This is also the case with my writing about rap music.)

i dont necessarily think you have to have been there from day one/go to all the raves etc before you can write about a scene, (though it obv helps in many ways) as long as you're listening closely and have something insightful to say about it. being humble shouldn't even come into it as long as you´re not just bullshitting

Benny Bunter

otoh blackdowns mark radford interview was an excellent read, even just for the fact hes got the journalistic chops/connections to put something like that together

datwun

Don't think anyone would deny that Trilliam's been a wicked advocate for this stuff. We've talked writing before and I think it's a big move for anybody who's into the music as a fan to be more activist with it, whether it's writing about it, DJing it or whatever.

I know that my guardian article (which is finished and they've taken BTWz, hollah if you wanna read it) was the product of loads of going down to parties, interviews with people, double, triple, quadruple checking the article with everyone I mention in it to make sure they're happy with how I've represented them. All the writing I've seen from people active on this thread has been grounded in club experiences or interviews with the movers and shakers.

Don't really know who that aside was aimed at.

Last edited:

vvvwwwv

you dont have a right to do it. you should beg trillam to write it.
lol bit over the top no? datwun would love to read your piece bruv.

<iframe width="100%" height="150" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src=""></iframe>
<iframe width="100%" height="150" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src=""></iframe>

breakerproductions

Dj majesty, what more can I say, his tune selection is wicked, he brings a difference to the scene, nothing bate with him.

Glad interview was posted..............

datwun

No problem brudda, just shoot me your email! WARNING it's very long lol.

Some nice 80s vibes on this 'I Can't Believe It's Not Deep Tech'
Craig Bratley - Obsession

whytea

I've known this guy for years, he's the only person from my hometown that has jumped on this new wave, he knows his shit and makes all manner of beats under various aliases so go check him out...

I've just given away Isit on my blog, go and grab that FREE DL...

https://soundcloud.com/it_hz/karlton-philips-isit-free-download

vvvwwwv

what happened to that Goon to a Goblin tune Radford was playing ages ago? can't remember the name of the producer, he didn't seem to have a soundcloud
happened to stumble across him bro
https://soundcloud.com/leon-price-uk
sick of all these redlight 9ts remixes about tho, most grating vocal i've ever heard lol

@datwun, you aint joking about the long read! little disappointed as i thought the article was gonna be more about ur times over here in august with more interviews/quotes from perch et al rather than the 'Introduction to...' article that it is. does a good job at what you've aimed it to be tho, nice work.

@whytea, safe for the dl. guy's a sick producer.

<iframe width="100%" height="325" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src=""></iframe>

sorry bout dumping all these soundcloud embeds here (not sorry). all essential tho. that preditah promesses refix is nice, new lease of life for an anthem...

wise

bare BARE BONES
thanks for the Leon Price link vvvwwwv, glad that's getting a release finally

edit - he was half of Agent X, thought he looked familiar...

Last edited:

glasshand

dj panic attack
siesta winter party saturday 13th december

uk-1213-644518-418193-front.jpg

http://www.residentadvisor.net/event.aspx?644518

Line-up /

Mark Jenkyns b2b Greg Pidcock (Hot Creations)
Walker & Royce (Crosstown Rebels)
Cozzy D (Creche)
Ashley Wild (Hot Waves)
DJ Majesty (Siesta)
Steven Cee (AudioWhore)

Upstairs

Tazer (Recess)
Arun Verone (Inner City)
Jack Dee & Jake Walpole (OutOut)
The Mistaa (Entail)
Shenin Amara & AR (The Asylum)
Area 8 (+ Recordings)

Siesta returns for a indoor winter special.

think i'll be going frequency the week after instead thoooo