UKG 2013

Benny, listening to your mix made me think about how Ms Dynamite has reconciled herself with her underground MC past 100 times better than Dizzee has. Anyone got any thoughts on this? Answers on a postcard to Dan Hancox's Next Kindle Book

Benny Bunter

yeah well the ms dynamite track on the mix is a remix of a track from 2003, not sure what she's been up to recently. She definitely came back to the rinse fold around peak funky times though with 'get low' and that.

thanks for listening anyway, i think this is probably the best mix i've ever done personally.

denoir

I did a mix of (mostly) 2013 UKG exclusives & promos, check it out :)

Tracklist:
1. Tuff Culture - Never Give In
2. Todd Edwards - Javid Khan
3. N. Fostell - Waiting On You
4. Moet & Benson - D.P.I.
5. Paleface feat. Princess Nyah - Lose This Vibe (B Side mix)
6. EL-B - With You Girl
7. Jay Harvey - Bring You Up (Solution mix)
8. Prescribe Da Vibe - Make You Smile
9. Mr. Mageeka - Dreams remix
10. Groove Riddim - 96 (Jackmaster K remix)
11. Brasstooth - Pleasure 2014 (EL-B instrumental mix)
12. Brasstooth - Pleasure 2014 (EL-B vocal mix)
13. Extreme Darkness - Dark Pleasure
14. Devine UK - Street House
15. Benny Kane - Selecta
16. EL-TUFF - N-R-G
17. Preditah ft. Zoe Kypri - Let's Take It Back
18. Reach & Spin - Hype The Funk (PVC's North of Manchester Bassline mix)
19. DJ D - I Can Make It
20. Reaper & Para (D.E.A) - The Realness
21. Atira - High On Love (Matt Jam Lamont Instrumental mix)
22. Tomorrow's Gone - Someone To Blame
23. Soul II Soul - Back To Life (Groove Skool/Karl "Tuff Enuff" Brown Ft.Dj Brite remix)
24. Funk'd Up cz vs. Ghost - B15 Nera (Denoir's Kickin' mix)
25. Overproof - Dats Dat Ish (Ghost Dub)
26. Hi-Grade - The Jug (Danny B-Line refix)
27. Sticky - G Funk
28. En Vogue - Don't Let Go (Tuff Culture UKG remix)

datwun

2013 Christmas re-release of 1999 tune, allegedly the first (or only) garage record to feature the word Birmingham in it.

http://www.junodownload.com/products/b15-project-mr-western-end-birmingham-crew/2353622-02/

Zed Bias did a good mix of this at the time, was on the CD he did for Locked On.

Absolutely wicked, only heard it earlier this year and it instantly rose to one of my favorite rave tracks ever. Love that ragga vocal. Love the warps. Love Birmingham. Very happy to get a wav of this and not reply on some extra dodgy vinyl rip from dubplatemp3.com lol

ifp

I spotted this on Juno as well today. Forgot to bag it like a chump tho.

Love this tune. The vocal is Mr Vegas, right? Wonder if there'll be any chance of a vinyl re-release, the original goes for about £40 atm.

I was wrong about it having a Zed Bias mix, the 2-step version is also by B15 project. More effective than the four to the floor mix in my opinion. I'm surprised they didn't put that up for reissue as well.