14) Baby - Rudimental ft. MNEK & Sinead Harnett
15) Waiting all night (Kidnap Kid remix) - Rudimental
16) Nothing more to say (dub) - Sophie
17) Stuck - Lulu James ft. Mao
18) Lazarus Taxon - Kidnap Kid
19) Nightingale (Gorgon City remix) - Clean Bandit

continuum

smugpolice
Mix looks good Benny. Will have a listen.

What do you think of this version of Duke Dumont's - Need U (100%) by Disclosure?

Benny Bunter

Mix looks good Benny. Will have a listen.

What do you think of this version of Duke Dumont's - Need U (100%) by Disclosure?

er dunno...quite a cute gesture I suppose.

I do rather like their alternate version of 'Please don't turn me on' with new lyrics and vocals by Zoe kyprie

anyway lemme know what you think of the mix

trilliam

BMGdpA9CIAAxB-5.jpg

lance morgan at u guessed it kiss

him and adam cotier have got interviews in the latest rwd magazine, obviously i found this out on the internet cos no one actually reads rwd magazine, which shows how unsavy these guys r when it comes to the press side of things, rele they shud be sitting down with blackdown to tlk it all out rather than blackdown sitting down with todd burns and trying to figure things out but neway

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Here's a semi-interesting video of one half of Disclosure describing how they made White Noise: He says they are completely surprised it got to number 2 in the charts as they thought they were making dark club music!

What's striking to me about this video is how he emphasises the song-craft of the tune towards the end - how the track isn't structured in the way many club tracks are (intro>drop>breakdown>drop). This is true of all the Disclosure tunes I've heard, they all have these breakdown/bridges before the choruses for example. And this is really what sets them apart - their sounds might be unadventurous or bland in some people's view but they write great songs, or at least are very effective producers for vocalists.

Benny Bunter

Is it just them behind the tunes?

yeah they just happen to be ridiculously accomplished producers for their age. I do think there's an element of jealousy and resentment to a lot of the criticism they get because of this.

Haven't spent much time with the album yet but I doubt its going to convert anyone who doesn't like them already.

Last edited:

Sectionfive

bandwagon house
this brilliant single from Jenna G/Krystal Klear:

this and the '100%' Skream on that mix are quality.

Amazing (not really :)) how disco just keeps coming back and not plundering salsoul loops for a change.

Charts are a bit like the late nineties again with dance domination that endures either side of the summer.

Last edited:

Benny Bunter

Much as I've loved Jackin this last year its been nice to have loads of great songful stuff to listen to again, that doesn't rely on big drops all the time.

My fave new skream disco track is the remix of 'Hell could freeze' by Rudimental, I can't stop playing this tune. Not so keen on that new one 'Rollercoaster' though.

Sectionfive

bandwagon house
yeah they just happen to be ridiculously accomplished producers for their age. I do think there's an element of jealousy and resentment to a lot of the criticism they get because of this.

No it was just watching the boilerroom during the week. And this isn't really meant as criticism either but it struck me as managed in some way (which is fair enough for an LP launch live set I suppose) and their label is run by a former Polydor A&R. Definitely a craft in their tunes above the club template as Corpsey points out. Probably just not used to seeing it tbh

Much as I've loved Jackin this last year its been nice to have loads of great songful stuff to listen to again, that doesn't rely on big drops all the time.

All about rubbing them up against the bangers innit. (nods to djing thread)

tom lea

they have a songwriter they work with - but then so do a lot of acts of their status. nothing wrong with it.

I'm not really buying this unusual song structure stuff, re Disclosure. Loads of producers have breakdowns before the drop. Nothing ground breaking. Then again I haven't seen the video so they probably aren't claiming it to be some triumph over dance music orthodoxy- just a throw away comment.

Benny, judging by your nice house & pop set you might like the Bondax mix for XL8R magazine from a few weeks back. Not sure if any of it will bother the top twenty but it's good

Benny Bunter

Benny, judging by your nice house & pop set you might like the Bondax mix for XL8R magazine from a few weeks back. Not sure if any of it will bother the top twenty but it's good

cheers, still not really checked out Bondax - aren't they like even younger than Disclosure? I'll give it a go.