The great BEER VS. WINE fight!

What's your poison, guv?

• Total voters

luka

I like to do the football double bill on Sunday in there. Good bloody Marys also five points pale

luka

Gunna try a weird beard sorachi faceplant. Despite the name. Trendy Japanese hop. I've found weird beard beers 'muddled' whenever I've had them before but giving them another chance in deference to comelately

luka

Iim fine with coffee beers I think coffee is one of the least offensive extra ingredients you can add to beer

This beer is very distinctive and I'm assuming the unfamiliar element us the Japanese hop. Never tasted anything like it. Do I like it? Don't even know

comelately

Wild Horses
Sorachi Ace can indeed be the Aces - The Mikkeller Sorachi Single Hop IPA is definitely in my Top 10 list. Funky bubblegum.

I had a beer from the Camden BD Hopinator which was an IPA that had had cofffeebeans steeped in it right on the bar. I definitely got that Buckfast rush. With black beers it's more contained.

In answer to the previous question, West London is prettty short on good boozers. I do like the BD in Shepherds Bush because of the 40 taps and the relative spaciousness. I like the Holborn Whippet because it has a decent choice at a relatively good price, I quite like being upstairs at the Euston Tap (once you get your drinks up the staircase, the lack of windows kinda makes it an oasis from the world). Agree that Cask shops are generally pretty soulless. Although Brodies don't enthrall me as they once did, The Old Coffee House is still a great little boozer, with footy on the TV and some reasonably priced pub food during the day.

Slothrop

Tight but Polite
Times like this I wish Dissensus had a 'like' button.

Apparently it's called that because it was a rare venture back into actual brewing from one of Weird Beard's founders whose job had drifted from "brewing" to "running a brewery".

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Apparently it's called that because it was a rare venture back into actual brewing from one of Weird Beard's founders whose job had drifted from "brewing" to "running a brewery".

omigod you actually weren't joking... :eek:

Last edited:

Slothrop

Tight but Polite
I'd rather ask for that than a pint of "Wizards Willy Warmer" or any of the other shite that's been giving real ale a bad name since the 70's...

luka

That's the idea isn't it? Funky like french cheese or lambic beer or Ethiopian coffees
This is a beer with no discernable characteristics although tbf it's supposed to get funkier with age

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
That's the idea isn't it? Funky like french cheese or lambic beer or Ethiopian coffees

Hmm, well there's good gone-off and bad gone-off, I suppose. I actually quite like lambic beers, or at least I've liked most of those I've had. I think they'd be far too sour for most people used to ordinary beers.

This is a beer with no discernable characteristics although tbf it's supposed to get funkier with age

Like a Dissensian Jungle Dad, haha.

Last edited:

luka

I had a beer in mother kellys for the first time in ages the other night and it doesn't feel awkward now it's busy. A crowd transforms the place.

luka

Craft beer and gastro pubs have really exacerbated the class segregation of pubs though.

Not saying pubs in the 90s were utopian spaces where people of all backgrounds happily bonded over Stella and tavern snacks but

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Craft beer and gastro pubs have really exacerbated the class segregation of pubs though.

Not saying pubs in the 90s were utopian spaces where people of all backgrounds happily bonded over Stella and tavern snacks but

You been to the Cock Tavern on Mare Street? Some good beers, but blaady ell...