Jeremy Corbyn

luka

this is the War of Gog & Magog rather than Armageddon, apparently. Interesting.

Link 🔗 to further 📖 reading please

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
This guy has worked through dozens of atlases (all put together by teams of highliy interdisciplinary scholars) to get to the truth

droid

Man tries to put out garbage fire by driving over it in a van loaded with ammunition

filed%20fire

http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/article39003903.html#storylink=cpy

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
The caricature of the self hating intellectual who blames their own government far all of the ills in the world and absolves everyone else of all crimes is a mostly mythical creation of propaganda systems, and one of the laziest and most common slurs.

Droid: please do me a quick favour. Take a couple of minutes to read this story and then come back here and tell me that self-loathing, fascist-loving, academic "loony lefties" are a figment of my febrile, reactionary imagination.

droid

Droid: please do me a quick favour. Take a couple of minutes to read this story and then come back here and tell me that self-loathing, fascist-loving, academic "loony lefties" are a figment of my febrile, reactionary imagination.

Two points.

1. You don't get to slink off mid discussion when faced with hard questions and then return later and demand responses.

2. Try reading the point you're trying so hard to refute I said: a mostly mythical creation. You know what that is? Its a minor caveat, as, of course, you cant account for everybody and everything.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Two points.

1. You don't get to slink off mid discussion when faced with hard questions and then return later and demand responses.

2. Try reading the point you're trying so hard to refute I said: a mostly mythical creation. You know what that is? Its a minor caveat, as, of course, you cant account for everybody and everything.

1. "Slink off"? I got bored of your pigheaded refusal to engage with any of the facts I was presenting and insistence on repeating the same claim over and over again long after I'd abundantly debunked it. Still, chalk it up as a victory if you like, I don't really care.

2. It's far more prevalent that you're prepared to allow. The egregious Goldsmith's case is merely the thick end of the wedge - it's a spectrum that includes an awful lot of high-profile opinions on Russia and a wide variety of other states and non-state groups, both Islamist and otherwise. I mean, I think I deserve a small prize for having made it this far in a thread of this sort without mentioning George Galloway, "Respect" or StW (woops, blown it now, never mind). It wouldn't bother me if you'd simply disagreed with my arguments and then, without being any more of a condescending dick than was strictly necessary, told me why I was wrong - but instead you just kept telling me I hadn't made an argument in the first place, which contributed somewhat to point 1.

droid

Its funny, was reading some old threads recently, and gavin nailed this nearly 10 years back:

My truck with Tea is not only his beliefs, but his maddening way of debating once you corner him: suddenly clear statements don't mean what they mean, all sorts of distracting flailing takes place, and then the discussion becomes a very boring game of points-scoring and irrelevant tangents. It's incredibly disingenuous to not engage with the substantive content of others' posts -- either defend yourself or concede the point, possibly change your mind about things. That's the point, right? To think about these things, not just bolster your ego. Other conservative posters at least make an attempt to debate the issues at hand, even if I disagree with them. And I usually learn something from those discussions, even if my worldview isn't shattered.

I don't have any 'truck' per se, but the thing that really annoys me these days is not an opinion I disagree with, its the intellectual dishonesty and bad arguments - and the pattern here is clear by now.

Im not saying this out of malice, you're a nice guy and all, but its just pointless.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Funny that you should cite Gavin, of all people. I always found him notably slippery and intellectually dishonest.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
He was also, as I recall, a prime example of the sort of "lefty" I've complained about in this thread, who defines his "leftiness" less through dowdy old concepts like equality and human rights than through an unqualified hostility to "the West".

Last edited:

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
I'm sure Corbyn was being derided a few months ago as not having the necessary leadership strengths to steer Labour. Now he's a bully, apparently.

I mean, I find parliamentary party politics ridiculous in terms of the lack of scope it gives for individuals to act according to their principles.But then, Corbyn not tolerating open dissent, and sacking or silencing those who do show it, is surely simply in keeping with the core traditions of British politics.